FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Repeater Activation Notification Gone

Moderator: MiRai

<<

DarkMoJo

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:32 am

Repeater Activation Notification Gone

I am not sure what setting was changed to make this difference. Initially when I enabled repeater it would show a text overlay on the screen stating that repeater was enabled in green. Nice and easy to see and know it's on. For some reason when I enable repeater now I get no text notification that repeater is enabled. This is kind of messing with me as I I can't always tell if it's on or off. I was just hitting the hot key combination again to see if I got the green on message, or grey off message to tell. That worked fine for me.

How do I re-enable those notifications? Or, is there a way to enable some other form of indicator that stays on screen that indicates if the repeater is active or inactive?

Thanks for any help,

Here's the config paste....

~DarkMoJo
<<

DarkMoJo

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:34 am

Re: Repeater Activation Notification Gone

I figured out how to do this on my own. For anyone else looking to accomplish this same thing It's fairly simple...

This is configured in KEY MAPS, not in the Repeater Profiles. For this function to work you MUST USE A KAY MAP INSTEAD OF A REPEATER PROFILE!!!

Go to your key map and add a new mapped key using the mapped key wizard.
For "Select a type of Mapped Key to create" set the dropdown to "Broadcasting Toggler"
Desc: Toggles Broadcasting Mode, optionally with a custom Target to broadcast to, and with a custom Popup Text notice

Hit Next..

-Name your toggler whatever you choose. I just went with "Repeater".
-Then set the hotkey to use. I adopted the standard shift+alt+r.
-Set the "Toggle when the Hotkey is" dropdown to your preferred method. I always use the default which is pressed.
-Leave the checkbox "This toggle should turn broadcasting OFF instead of ON" UNCHECKED!
-Set the broadcast FROM option to All w/ Current
-Set the Broadcast TO All w/o Current

At the bottom of this window are fields to set popup text for on and popup text for off. You can enter in what you want to pop up on screen as your indicator here. I went with "Repeater ON" and "Repeater OFF" respectively.

Then hit Finish, but we're not done yet.....

Go into your Key Maps, Select the active key map you configured this into, and under mapped keys in the bottom left pane expand the mapped key so you see the steps. There will be 2 steps for this function, one for toggling repeater on, then the 2nd for toggling it off. Don't play with any of the steps other than what I indicate, unless you know what you are doing...

Select step 1 under the mapped key in the left pane. In the right pane, you should now see a list of actions for that selected step. The 2nd to bottom action should be a "popup text -> self" action. You can move this to any position in the order of events here, but I recommend just leaving it where it is. BUT, DO NOT MOVE IT TO BE THE BOTTOM MOST ACTION, as this will change the actual name of the step under steps for the mapped key in the right panel. I'm not sure how this affects the mapped key operation, but I know it scared me when I noticed it and it took me a long time to figure out that's what happened. I thought that I had broken the function when I saw the name change. I simply set the text broadcast as the first action in the step to avoid any kind of issues / confusion in the step naming conventions.

Now, select the popup text action. You will see the configs on the far right. Here you can adjust what text pops up, what clients it pops up on, how long it shows, and what color it is. Here's the settings I use..

-"Target" to "Window: All w/ Current" so it shows up regardless of which client you have active.
-"Text" Repeater ON
-"Display" and "Fade out over" I left at defaults
-"Color" I set this first one for the broadcast activation to a green (Hex Code: 33FF00). You'll want to use the hex code from a safe swatch hex pallet, LIKE THIS ONE.
If using that pallet simply copy the hex code for the color you want, WITHOUT THE # SYMBOL, and paste it into the Hex field in the far right pane in ISBoxer.
There's no need to play with the RGB numbers at all if doing it this way.
- I left timer with no timer.

Now Select step 2 in the left pane and perform the same actions as above, but using the color you like for the off indicator. I used a red (Hex Code: FF0000) for example.

Remember to save your config and export to Innerspace before testing...

~DarkMoJo
<<

junebug

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:03 am

just awesome man i never knew how to make the green symbol work for on and off on custom profile
<<

angeldogsuit

Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 am

Why does it have to be so hard? I used a Do It Yourself apendectomy kit with fewer instructions.

I Laid off for a while and came back to version 40 and can't get anything to work.

All I want is a repeater that can be turned off and on and a toggle key I can move out of the middle of the system information area. I want a screen setup for 6 clients with a hole using the top of the screen and a "fake" cursor with the aspect the same in all 6 screens. I just want to target a rock and have all the skiffs shoot it, or target a rat and have all the ships shoot it, or click on the list of gates sorted so it shows the next one in the route at the top (I can make the list work) and have the fleet jump thru it, to click on a station and have all the ships dock. I don't want want any mapped keys, no vid fx, no formations, no instructions that have more info for WOW than they do for Eve. I just want to clone the keyboard and the mouse and be able to turn it on and off. A true dream would be to turn it on in specified clients, but not all.

I'm old, My bucket list is filled, I'm tired, I'm medicated - I don't want 5000 word explanations and several pages of click offs and fill ins here and there, any one of which done wrong will set me off on a search longer than it would take to find El Dorado. I've already given this a good part of my three year sub trying to make it work, finally get it usable, then get an update, follow the directions in all the different rabbit holes to get it usable again and am still not able to use it after it was "improved" I don't have any more time to experiment on one thing I've paid for and not have the time to play on something else I haven't had time to plex for. Now I see I have to build a key map to make a repeater profile.

It is a great product, but I don't want to build a watch, just know the time. I'm not angling for a refund. I don't want a refund! I just want a keyboard and mouse clone. I just didn't know I was buying a beta version of a Lego set.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 am

angeldogsuit wrote:Why does it have to be so hard? I used a Do It Yourself apendectomy kit with fewer instructions.

I Laid off for a while and came back to version 40 and can't get anything to work.

All I want is a repeater that can be turned off and on and a toggle key I can move out of the middle of the system information area. I want a screen setup for 6 clients with a hole using the top of the screen and a "fake" cursor with the aspect the same in all 6 screens. I just want to target a rock and have all the skiffs shoot it, or target a rat and have all the ships shoot it, or click on the list of gates sorted so it shows the next one in the route at the top (I can make the list work) and have the fleet jump thru it, to click on a station and have all the ships dock. I don't want want any mapped keys, no vid fx, no formations, no instructions that have more info for WOW than they do for Eve. I just want to clone the keyboard and the mouse and be able to turn it on and off. A true dream would be to turn it on in specified clients, but not all.

I'm old, My bucket list is filled, I'm tired, I'm medicated - I don't want 5000 word explanations and several pages of click offs and fill ins here and there, any one of which done wrong will set me off on a search longer than it would take to find El Dorado. I've already given this a good part of my three year sub trying to make it work, finally get it usable, then get an update, follow the directions in all the different rabbit holes to get it usable again and am still not able to use it after it was "improved" I don't have any more time to experiment on one thing I've paid for and not have the time to play on something else I haven't had time to plex for. Now I see I have to build a key map to make a repeater profile.

It is a great product, but I don't want to build a watch, just know the time. I'm not angling for a refund. I don't want a refund! I just want a keyboard and mouse clone. I just didn't know I was buying a beta version of a Lego set.

What is this and why is it on this thread? Why do all of your posts have a novel in them that hides your actual desire? The answer to your question is a lot shorter than what is in this thread, and your question is like 5 words.

Now I see I have to build a key map to make a repeater profile.

No. You should already have everything.

All I want is a repeater that can be turned off and on and a toggle key I can move out of the middle of the system information area. I want a screen setup for 6 clients with a hole using the top of the screen and a "fake" cursor with the aspect the same in all 6 screens. I just want to target a rock and have all the skiffs shoot it, or target a rat and have all the ships shoot it, or click on the list of gates sorted so it shows the next one in the route at the top (I can make the list work) and have the fleet jump thru it, to click on a station and have all the ships dock. I don't want want any mapped keys, no vid fx, no formations, no instructions that have more info for WOW than they do for Eve. I just want to clone the keyboard and the mouse and be able to turn it on and off.

Go to File and select Clear.
Then go to Wizards and select Quick Setup Wizard.
What you described is now configured. Shift+Alt+R toggles broadcasting, and press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+G if you need to move the toggle icons.

A true dream would be to turn it on in specified clients, but not all.

This is about the only thing that EVE players ask for besides Video FX: FAQ: How do I broadcast only to certain windows, and leave out others?
<<

angeldogsuit

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:37 pm

I suppose what threw me was not having used ISB since 38 and after updating to 40 - what used to work, no longer did.

One of the problems I was having was seeing the toggles, a problem described in a previous post I was reading to find my own solution. I was disappointed to find wall of text as the solution to just see the toggles.

I apologize that my 2039 word post was so upsetting to you. It was inspired by my days long search for what I expected/ hoped was a simple answer. I appreciate the part of your post which answered my query.

I am further sorry my 20 posts in the 12 months of my 3 year sub have been such torture for you.

I suggest a better reading list, if your novels are running in the 2k word range

Thank you very much for the help. It really is a great product. I try to remember to mention that in every post, but that just ups the word count.

Thanks,
<<

Rhand

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:26 pm

angeldogsuit wrote:I suppose what threw me was not having used ISB since 38 and after updating to 40 - what used to work, no longer did.

One of the problems I was having was seeing the toggles, a problem described in a previous post I was reading to find my own solution. I was disappointed to find wall of text as the solution to just see the toggles.

I apologize that my 2039 word post was so upsetting to you. It was inspired by my days long search for what I expected/ hoped was a simple answer. I appreciate the part of your post which answered my query.

I am further sorry my 20 posts in the 12 months of my 3 year sub have been such torture for you.

I suggest a better reading list, if your novels are running in the 2k word range

Thank you very much for the help. It really is a great product. I try to remember to mention that in every post, but that just ups the word count.

Thanks,

All I'm hearing is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wttxD9iT9iM

Might I suggest http://www.hellokittyonline.com/ may be more your speed
<<

angeldogsuit

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Rhand wrote:
angeldogsuit wrote:I suppose what threw me was not having used ISB since 38 and after updating to 40 - what used to work, no longer did.

Thanks,

All I'm hearing is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wttxD9iT9iM

Might I suggest http://www.hellokittyonline.com/ may be more your speed

Off topic flame, not worthy of a response.
<<

angeldogsuit

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:27 am

I asked my nine year old granddaughter if she had heard of Hello kitty and she said she played it. I knew it was familiar for some reason. I asked her about Eve and WOW and she had heard about wow, but not eve and she wants to play wow but her parents want her to wait until she is 14. She lives on a different coast than I do. She told me her older sister (14) plays hello kitty and wow, so I guess there must be some kind of route there.

I was surprised you knew enough about hello kitty to suggest it to me at first, but after talking with my granddaughters, it made more sense.

I apologize for maybe being too harsh in my comment about you recommending hello kitty, now that I understand the connection between the two games, and I never want to do anything which might discourage youngsters from being involved with computer games. Please play and enjoy whatever your parents think is appropriate for you.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:22 am

I'm pretty sure it was a reference to the South Park episode "Make Love, Not Warcraft".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_Love,_Not_Warcraft#Reciprocation
Next

Return to Repeater