FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

bluescreen when i enable repeater

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nwpark

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:44 pm

bluescreen when i enable repeater

hi, i am expieriencing a problem where my computer bluescreens when i enable the repeater in world of warcraft. here is a link to the diagnostic report: http://pastebin.com/SKScvtUU. here is a link to a picture of the bluescreen that comes up: http://postimage.org/image/o1gb8xbr5/. i believe my drivers are up to date and i believe my computer is clear of virus's. any help would be very much appreciated!! thanks :)
<<

DarkMoJo

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: bluescreen when i enable repeater

Try this...

This Stop message occurs when requested data is not found in memory. The system generates a fault, which normally indicates that the system looks for data in the paging file. In this circumstance, however, the missing data is identified as being located within an area of memory that cannot be paged out to disk. The system faults, but cannot find, the data and is unable to recover. Faulty hardware, a buggy system service, antivirus software, and a corrupted NTFS volume can all generate this type of error.

If you haven't done so already, use the "Last known good configuration" option from the Advance Menu (keep pressing F8 while booting).

You may also want to consider the following:

1. Using just one RAM module to boot
2. Safe Mode
3. (If Same Mode works) Start -> Run-> type Chkdsk /f /r
4. Stopping startup antivirus software

SOURCE

Unfortunately, it appears that no matter how you cut it, this is either bad hardware, or other software interfering with your PC's operation and not the result of ISBoxer. Most likely ISBoxer's only trying to access the bad / faulty memory. not causing it. If this is indeed the case I believe it places your issue firmly outside the scope of these forums. I would try the steps indicated above and if that doesn't shed some light on your issue, then contact a local PC tech. They may need to run multiple extended tests on the memory / drives before finding the fault. I myself have had customers bring in bad ram that passed 20 good passes in memtest, and didn't throw an error until 5 or 6 more passes occurred and that one bit / byte that it hadn't written to that specific block finally triggered it. I recommend running memtest for 24 hours solid and see if you get any errors at all. At least run it over night via a bootable CD.

If you get any errors during these extended tests, then you'll want to pull all the ram modules out and test with them in 1 at a time. That will help you isolate which module is bad and needs to be replaced.

Other than that, there really isn't much more info I can give you via text, etc. Also, if you're not experienced with building / fixing computers at all then just take it to a professional. This isn't the one you want to be your first troubleshooting experience :)

~DarkMoJo

Return to Repeater