FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Repeater region problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

CptKirk

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Repeater region problem

Haven't boxed in a while. Updated to the the latest rev v40.3.0626.2 when ISBoxer loaded, don't recall what version I was on previously.

I'm doing the same setup I've used many times in the past with no problems. But now I"m getting different results.

I've got a following setup in WoW :

1 Tank
2 Healer
3 Dps
4 Dps
5 Dps

I'm using Healbot and it is in the same location on all five screens.

What I normally do is use Repeater Regions to send my Healbot mouse clicks while playing the tank to the healer.

1. Open the ISBoxer control panel
2. Select repeater regions
3. Give it a name and set the target to 2
4. Click add
5. The repeater region box labeled 2 appears and I resize it over Healbot
6. Click Save as
7. Close ISBoxer control panel

What happened in the past was that when I hover my mouse over the tank Healbot grid that the mouse on the healer healbot grid would move exactly the same.

What happens now is that the when I hover my mouse over the tank Healbot grid the mouse on healer moves across the whole screen. It is like the repeater region on tank is scaling the small healbot region to the whole screen on the healer.

ie if I have the mouse cursor on the left side tank healbot grid repeater region, the mouse cursor on the healer is on the actual left side of the screen.

I've done this time and time again in the past and never had problems with it. Did the functionality change in latest builds?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Re: Repeater region problem

My best guess is that you named your Repeater Region with the name of your healer. The scaling occurs because a Video FX source exists by default with the name of your healer. Just make a Repeater Region without a name - it doesn't need a name.

See here and here for further information.

P.S. Thank you for the detailed description of the issue. :)
<<

kang

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:09 pm

I have the same issue as CptKirk.

I don't use videofx and the repeater region is not named the same as the healer. I tried several repeater regions on several different screens and it was the same result each time - the repeater region mimics the entire screen. I read the linked posts and they don't apply to my situation as far as I can tell. It would appear the videofx regions and repeater regions are in conflict by default.

Edit: I figured it out. On the target you need to recreate the same repeater region and name it the same as on the tank's (broadcaster's) screen.

Editorial: This change is pretty poor if it was done on purpose. The previous UI that allowed for repeater regions to be set up on only one screen was intuitive and easy to do. It's THE feature that made me switch to ISBoxer. The fact that I now need to make the same region on the target screen is unintuitive and a really poor design decision if it was done on purpose. If it was not done on purpose, please revert it to the one-screen method. My $0.02.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:40 am

kang wrote:Edit: I figured it out. On the target you need to recreate the same repeater region and name it the same as on the tank's (broadcaster's) screen.

Editorial: This change is pretty poor if it was done on purpose. The previous UI that allowed for repeater regions to be set up on only one screen was intuitive and easy to do. It's THE feature that made me switch to ISBoxer. The fact that I now need to make the same region on the target screen is unintuitive and a really poor design decision if it was done on purpose. If it was not done on purpose, please revert it to the one-screen method. My $0.02.

While making two matched Repeater Regions may have fixed your issue it is not required in general. I know because I use a Repeater Region on just on one slot and it broadcasts to the others fine.

What you describe will be required if the originating and receiving window are not the same size and I believe the change was made to allow Repeater Regions to work with proper scaling in just such situations. If "I tried several repeater regions on several different screens and it was the same result each time - the repeater region mimics the entire screen." then there is possibly something specific to your setup that is causing this. See Sharing your ISBoxer configuration for how to let someone see that.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:23 am

The behavior you are seeing is the result of the Repeater Region's Name matching either a Repeater Region or a Video FX Source. There is automatically a Video FX Source with the full ISBoxer Character Name, as well as "is1", "is2" etc. You can view the list of automatically-created Video FX Sources in the video fx tab of the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel.

In general, you do not need to Name your Repeater Region. You can leave this box blank.

If its Name matches another Repeater Region or Video FX Source, it will be transformed to fit that region or source. This is how Video FX interact with a specific region of your screen, and why Repeater Regions can now have a Name. This is also the only way the Repeater Region will transform the cursor to anything other than the original region.

Hope this helps somehow (though it's not much different than Alge said already)

Return to Repeater