FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Repeater Region Question

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Lee

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:42 am

Repeater Region Question

Hi :)

I have a 10 character setup using a party frame add-on (e.g. Grid/Healbot) to display 2 5-man teams where 1 grid (Group 1 or 2 depending on the toon I'm on) is displayed through VFX. I set it up to make a single column, 10-row display which I then overlap with a repeater region. I did this on all characters as I'm trying to make it so I can "decurse" anyone regardless of which character I'm on; but, somehow, the mouse clicks that I do over the part with the VFX viewer gets "consumed" and appears to not broadcast at all since it triggers nothing on the other windows. While I did try repeater pass-thru on the viewers, the responsiveness seems a bit-off, sometimes not responding at all (though it might be the add-on at fault). Perhaps it's because of the extra processing of having to go through 2 repeater regions (one on the original screen and the other on which the click passed through)? Anyway, I'm just looking for ideas on how to get this right even if I have to scrap my original idea altogether :D

Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:27 am

Re: Repeater Region Question

Sounds like what you're looking for is exactly the same thing described here: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8834#p8834

1. You're wanting a Video FX that is separate from your Repeater Region, so don't enable interactivity on the Video FX.
2. If you set up a Name on your Repeater Region (which makes it scale+offset like you get with Video FX, meaning it can be differently sized and in a different spot in one window than in another), make sure it is different than the Video FX Source name
<<

Lee

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Thank you for the prompt reply :) It gave an idea to check out. Basically, what I found out is that when a repeater region is overlapped by/overlaps a VFX viewer region, clicks do not broadcast in that area on the other windows. VFX sources seems to work just fine though. When I moved the VFX viewer out from over/under the repeater region, it broadcasts just fine as I could then see the cursor from the other character's window clicking on the grid I set up in that window's area and the click got a response from the grid (in this case, target character).

I guess as a workaround I could make a click bar to represent the other group's grid and just place the viewers somewhere else though it'd be nice if I could avoid that as my screen estate's pretty tight right now :lol:

Thanks again :)
<<

Lee

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi Lax,

I was just wondering, about #2, when you mentioned offset and scale, did you mean the small window that pops up when the Video FX area is clicked? I don't get that kind of window when I click on the repeater region while setting it up. While I did put a unique name for the region, it doesn't seem to reflect on the title, rather it shows the choice made on the Target dropdown list (e.g. all other).

And am I correct about a repeater region is not meant to overlap a Video FX viewer else it will lose functionality in that area? Or am I just not setting it up right? After further testing responsiveness issue, btw, was really the add-on :)

Thank you.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:55 pm

I was just wondering, about #2, when you mentioned offset and scale, did you mean the small window that pops up when the Video FX area is clicked? I don't get that kind of window when I click on the repeater region while setting it up.

No. There is not currently a Repeater Region Editor like there is for the Video FX. Offset and scale is what happens to translate the Named Repeater Region in window A, to the Repeater Region with the same Name in window B. Meaning, you would have your Video FX Viewer with Repeater Pass-thru disabled, with a Named Repeater Region on it. Then, over the Video FX Source, you have a Named Repeater Region. So the viewer and the source might be different sizes (scale) and different locations (offset) in the game windows. This is automatically done simply by using the same Name for the Repeater Region. You will need to put the same Named Repeater Region in each window that would otherwise have a Video FX Source there to receive your mouse broadcast.

While I did put a unique name for the region, it doesn't seem to reflect on the title, rather it shows the choice made on the Target dropdown list (e.g. all other).

Correct. The Target is reflected in the title bar, and the Name is a hidden attribute. I need to expand on the in-game Repeater Region Editor capabilities at some point, clearly. ;)

And am I correct about a repeater region is not meant to overlap a Video FX viewer else it will lose functionality in that area? Or am I just not setting it up right?

No, they are meant to be able to work together as long as interaction is not enabled on your Video FX Viewer. If they do not work together as I have described with interaction on the Video FX disabled, I will definitely try to fix that. The Video FX interaction would very likely override the Repeater Region when enabled.
<<

Lee

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:46 am

Ah, that explanation was crystal clear. Thank you.

I did set all viewers to not be interactive at the start and only tinkered with it when it didn't work like I wanted it to. I don't know if it was wrong to do so, but when I made a named repeater region on character 1, I used sync to have it appear in all characters since it was how I got my sources/viewers working great before. Should I have made a repeater region with same name manually on the other characters? Trying to be thorough, I deleted and recreated the sources and viewers from scratch before leaving for work. I'll try to make the regions manually and see if that'll help.

Additionally, idk if this helps or not, the area with viewer + repeater region on it "reacts" like normal for a split second; I notice this because the grid (that's on another character) highlighted the 1st name I "moused-over" but then it stops doing so when I move it to another name on that grid. I forgot to add before that the (virtual?) cursor never appears on the viewer when I pass the mouse over the region; unless, of course, I move the viewer and repeater region away from each other.

Interestingly, it also seems that during this "reaction" the invisible virtual mouse cursor "gets" stuck where it is upon initial entry. I move the real cursor away from the region, but the name still remains highlighted on the viewer. The video feed goes as normal, however, as I still see what goes on in that portion of the other character's screen. Only when I switch away from the current window to the one with the video source and back does the virtual cursor seem to "sync-up" with the real one and thus the name is no longer highlighted on the viewer. I hope all that made sense XD.

Thanks!
<<

SteelDragon

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:18 am

I have had similiar results as the last poster. I would create my vfx windows both source and viewers then create a repeater region (named slaves) sync it and overlay it on top of the vfx with repeater pass through off on the vfx viewer. This works for a moment the stops working or hangs up as discribed in the privious posters thread. Lax could you experiment some with this and see if you can recreate this issue and hopfully correct it

It would be awsome for eve online to have my vfx for my atgs broadcast the commands to the rest of my atg. Since a typicale run 3 atg. 1primary pilot then two atg with 3 pilots each. Thank you

Return to Repeater