FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Mouse incorrect on multiple monitors

Moderator: MiRai

<<

creamatoria

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Mouse incorrect on multiple monitors

Hi

I have everything set up for my comp, but i am having a problem with the mouse cursor.

For my main comp i have a 32" lcd and 2 22" lcd's

For my second computer i have 2 22" lcd's

All the 22" screens run 1680x1050 as high as they go

The 32" runs 1920x1080

From my main monitor the cursor is off on all monitors slightly dont mach up to any screens, i switched my main monitor from 1920x1080 to 1680x1050 witch is a waste if i have to do that on my main monitor. But it still was the same all cursors where off. So i cant use that feature in game it clicks multible wrong buttons. do i have to rearange the buttons on each screen to try and get a match up ? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: Mouse incorrect on multiple monitors

If you're using different in-game resolutions, there is not going to be any way for mouse broadcasting to perfectly line up. The game won't put things in the same place, it wont be the same size, it wont be the same aspect ratio. As you have discovered. :)

You CAN make it line up with some work. A while back Zorba showed me his EyeFinity configuration, where he wanted 1 window spread across all 3 of his monitors, and his others just on the center monitor. To get it working for him, I added a "Cursor positioning mode: From center" option in the Repeater Profile, and then he made sure all of his UI stuff in the game lined up perfectly on his center monitor. So it might technically be possible for you to set it up to all line up. That is definitely NOT the easiest way to go about it though :)

More generally, if you want mouse broadcasting to work correctly, you want to pick a style of Window Layout that allows all of the windows to be the same resolution. That doesn't mean "the same window size", just "the same resolution". Of course, if you match the resolution at the different window sizes, it's going to look stretched one way or another because the resolution will be scaled to the size of the window. Mostly, this means having the "Instant Swapping" option enabled in your Window Layout, which synchronizes the resolutions of the game windows.

Finally, one last suggestion. For multi-monitor users in particular, I usually try to recommend making better use of the screen space by picking the important parts of the game windows to display on the second monitor, instead of showing the entire game window(s) on it. This is done by using Video FX -- you can take whatever piece of the game you need, put it where you need it, and interact with it there as if that part of the game was actually right there.
* How to add a blank window for your video feeds! (the blank window is called dxNothing)
* Common modifications: Video FX alternative to Window Layouts
<<

creamatoria

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:53 pm

Awesome i enabled cursor positionong mode to scale to fit and it works great. Just off a hair but it works within the keys buttons.

Now the only other thing if possible is to be able to still click the action buttons but not have my toons follow me when i move with the mouse. I put them on follow but me moving my main charecter moved them all then cancel's auto follow.

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:14 pm

Now the only other thing if possible is to be able to still click the action buttons but not have my toons follow me when i move with the mouse. I put them on follow but me moving my main charecter moved them all then cancel's auto follow.

You generally want Broadcasting mode to be disabled, and Key Maps to be on. This will prevent your toons from running off :P

To broadcast Action Bar clicks, see Common modifications: The game's Action Bars -- Clicking. This will tell you how to set up specific areas of the screen to broadcast the mouse :)

Return to Repeater