FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

1 pc, 2 teams, 2 screens

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Skifter

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:09 pm

1 pc, 2 teams, 2 screens

I have 2 teams of identical characters running on one screen each. Character swapping works perfectly, but can repeater only be used across all accounts or none at all?

I've had a terrible time trying to setup repeater regions for each team, as there does not seem to be much documentation on it.

Ideally I'd like to have repeater running most (all) of the time (EVE Online is useless without mousing) within each team. One team of 3 (logistics) and one team of 7 (dps) have their own screens and need to receive cloned mouse and keyboard input within only that team all the time. I have no need to ever broadcast to all characters in both teams at once.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Re: 1 pc, 2 teams, 2 screens

What you're looking for is Repeater Target Action.

Assuming you've got an Action Target Group for each of your teams, you can use 2 Repeater Target Actions, one for each of the ATGs.

For each ATG, make the following Repeater Target Action:
Target=Group(all of):My ATG
New Repeater Target=Group(others in):My ATG
Leave the check box unchecked

You can put this in your Mapped Key that enables Repeater (usually Activate Repeat) if you like
<<

Skifter

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:46 am

I cannot find where to edit Repeater Target Actions. I've already got Action Target Groups set.

This all seems pretty straight forward, but I cannot find the menus to do it. I'm running ISBoxer Build #39, which the wiki mentions further documentation is being worked on.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:19 am

The wiki is always being worked on. All of the information you need is there, however.

Actions are things you put in Mapped Keys.

In the top pane, under Key Maps, select the Always On key map (it's called Control for people who play WoW). Then in the bottom left pane, under Mapped Keys, expand "Activate Repeat" so that under it you see Steps, 1, 2. Select the 1 under Steps, then on the right you will see a list of Actions assigned to this Step. Right click Actions, and under Repeater Actions, select New Repeater Target Action. Configure as explained in my previous post

Let me know if this helps. :)
<<

Skifter

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:51 am

Aha! I'd been looking in the wrong pane for a match to the screen shot on the wiki. Thanks a bunch!

I'm sure I'll have this working in a few minutes now :)
<<

Skifter

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:43 am

It works!

I'm not sure what I messed up while poking around before, but after killing all configs and starting fresh, it was pretty easy. Thanks for the help, Lax.

Return to Repeater