FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

4 clients but only 3 required on repeat

Moderator: MiRai

<<

insane

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:36 am

4 clients but only 3 required on repeat

Ok my head is wrecked----

ive 4 eve accounts and ive 3 setup in hulks to mine.....
the 4th is a rorqual booster which i want to run seperatley but when i click broadcast on it selects all windows and does not ignore the rorqual pilot.

Ive read every post on the subject but I get lost with setting up actions groups etc.

anyone got a clear step by step on how i remove the rorqual guy from broadcast.

thanks

insane
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:35 am

Re: 4 clients but only 3 required on repeat

What some people do is just not launch that particular window through Inner Space or ISBoxer. Then it's a no-brainer

What you're looking for, though, is the Repeater Target. By default, the Repeater Target is "Window:All w/o Current" meaning that when you flip on Repeater ("Broadcasting") your keystrokes and clicks go to every other window and fall through into the current window. In this case, you want to replace "All" with some Action Target Group containing the 3 you want.

So to start, make an Action Target Group. Right click on Action Target Groups in the top pane, select New Action Target Group. Name it something short and sweet that makes sense as a logical grouping of those 3. Like... hulks or something. Drag the appropriate Characters from the top pane, into the Action Target Group in the bottom left pane. Then you're done setting up the Action Target Group. It's just a subset of your Characters.

Now you need a Mapped Key that has a Repeater Target Action. If you WANT, you can just add a Repeater Target Action to the existing Activate Repeat mapped key in your "Always On" key map created by the wizard. That would require the least amount of work on your part, but without making a separate key it's just always going to work like that. Maybe you want it to always work like that, maybe not, I have no idea ;) I'll go with this for now. In the top pane, select Always On under Key Maps. Then in the bottom left pane, expand Activate Repeat so under it you see Steps, 1, 2. Click on the 1 under Steps. Now on the right, you should see a box that shows Step, Actions, and some stuff under that. Right click Actions and select New Repeater Target Action (under the Repeater Actions submenu). This Action has 3 settings: Target, New Repeater Target, and a checkbox that says "Block buttons from originating window". Set Target to "Window:All w/ Current", this will make your new Repeater Target apply regardless of which window the broadcasting source is ("originating window"). Set New Repeater Target to "Group (others in): Hulks", and leave the box below it unchecked. Finally, move this Action to the top of the Step; to do so, right click it in the Actions list and select Move Up. (ISBoxer 38 adds a quicker method by pressing Alt+Up and Alt+Down, but that's not live yet)

If you followed this line by line, you now have what you asked for. To be clear, if you want to reset it to the original state you would want another Repeater Target Action that sets the Repeater Target back to "Window:All w/o Current" for all of the windows.
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:19 am

Re: 4 clients but only 3 required on repeat

Insane, Thanks for the question as I had the same need in DDO.

Lax, I wanted to keep the original key mapping so I made a copy of the "Activate Repeat" Mapped Key and did as you recommended above. It worked to make my 2 of 6 windows do repeating but broke my Shift+Alt+R for regular repeating. To fix it I made another copy of "Activate Repeat" and again added "Repeater Target" but in this one I put Target "Window:All w/Current" and New Repeater Target "Window:All w/o Current". To be more clear I modified the pop-up text & text color to denote my repeater set. I started to create a second repeater icon for the top but didn't get that fully working yet.

I added hot keys mappings for both and now it appears I can easily switch back and forth between having all windows on repeat (or not) and a subset of windows on repeat (or not).

I am not sure if I missing something or causing other problems so please let me know if you see any issues with this approach.

If it was/is the proper way to have both, I figured might as well share the lesson learned.

Return to Repeater