FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] 2 comuputers and repeating

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sabaton

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:57 am

[WoW] 2 comuputers and repeating

When i enable mouse repeating on my slaves, the mouse is way off on each window, like far to the left of where my main mouse is, anyone know what causes this?
(they all have same resolution and 2 monitors are the same size)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: [WoW] 2 comuputers and repeating

Sabaton came to the chat room for help, but if anyone else is looking for answers on multiple PC mouse repeating, here's a quick rundown

If you get a "jittery cursor", make sure you're only enabling Repeater on 1 PC at a time. If you set a Repeater hotkey for all windows, set it for current window. With multiple PCs, there are multiple "active" windows and unfortunately this results in the slave sending its mouse position back, and it will probably be slightly off (by the amount you can move the mouse in the time it takes to broadcast the position)

Then if your cursor positions don't quite match up on the windows, you need to match the resolution of each of the windows. You can do this pretty easily by setting Desired Rendering Size in your Window Layout. If the drop-down box does not have the size you want, you can type it in in the same format, e.g. 1280x1024. The sizes in the box are just auto-generated suggestions based on your configuration.
<<

Darm

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:37 am

I read the above, and I'm struggling with the jittery cursor when using a "Repeater Region". I'm using two PCs (1 main, 4 slaves).

I'm pretty sure I have the Keyboard and Mouse repeating turned off (I'm using a G11 keyboard and the "MR" indicator light only turns on when I hover over a repeater region). But, when I hover over a unit frame that is covered by a repeater region my cursory does become quite jittery. It works and triggers the appropriate action, but it certainly isn't smooth.

Where else do I need to look to make sure mouse repeating is turned off? (if indeed that is the problem). I did use the setup wizard to get things started, so is there something in there that I need to look at?

Thank you very much for the help!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:16 am

You will want to change the Target of your Repeater Region. The problem is that the Target includes the active foreground window on more than one PC, so both of them are sending competing position updates -- you move the mouse, the other PC sends a previous position, and then your mouse rubber bands. Make an Action Target Group (ATG for short) for the Character this is going to: right click Action Target Group, select New, name it like "healer", drag Character to it, Export) and then it will be selectable in the Repeater Region creator area in-game. Kill the old region (or click Clear to clear all if you made multiple), click Block Local Click and select the ATG for the healer, then click Add and position the new Repeater Region.

Tip: Be careful about the size of your Repeater Region, because clicks will be passed through the whole thing; If you click outside of the unit frames but inside the Repeater Region, you may cause your character to move, etc.
<<

Darm

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:18 pm

That worked. Thank you, Lax!

Return to Repeater