Moderator: MiRai

<<

conradd

Post Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:41 am

Manual swap

Hello,

First post here, so please be gentle :oops:

I'm running Isboxer for EQ1 and I've a question :
If you configure a window layout with 2 windows located on 2 screens each and with swap option at false, is it possible to configure someothing to manually swap the windows between screens ?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:59 pm

Re: Manual swap

Under the General settings of your Window Layout, there is a "Swap Hot Character..." setting that you can change to adjust swapping behavior.
<<

conradd

Post Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:56 pm

I've tried some configurations, but didn't succeed to make it work.

Thanks for the reply ;)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:32 pm

conradd wrote:I've tried some configurations, but didn't succeed to make it work.

Thanks for the reply ;)

Yes, well if you've already made custom changes to each region's behavior, then that may change how the "Swap hot character..." setting functions. I'd suggest reverting your other changes (or recreating a fresh Window Layout) and then adjusting the "Swap hot character..." setting, because if you want to swap sometimes, but not always, then that's the setting you want.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:16 am

Also if you setup a full screen multi monitor, no swapping type layout to begin with, chances are there is no swapable region, i.e. both games are in their "home" region, and there is no "active region" or "roaming slot", so when you do try and use the swapping features, it ends up just setting the window as the active input focus, rather than actually swapping them over to the other monitor.

Essentially, you have one of those cases, where it really depends on what you select to start with, whether those options will end up setting something that will prevent what you are now wanting to do.
<<

conradd

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:40 am

As suggested by MiRai, I cleaned all my previous windows layout and I created a new window layout from scratch.

I tried the "Swap Hot Character..." options, and still nothing was working.

Damn, I'm dumb or....
2 veterans of Isboxer teach me how to use the option, and still not working... :(

And then the light...
The main window for Isboxer was my second monitor, not my main monitor in front of me... :o

I've finished to configure everything and it's working great, thanks for your help :mrgreen:
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:10 am

conradd wrote:And then the light...
The main window for Isboxer was my second monitor, not my main monitor in front of me... :o
Well I'm glad you figured it out!!. Sometimes the little things do skip by us as we go into deep problem troubleshooting and we forget about the totally obvious.

Return to Window Layouts