FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

error when launching second screen "Game Error [122] (LOTRO)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

AmazingBender

Post Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:20 pm

error when launching second screen "Game Error [122] (LOTRO)

Hi, after re-installing my computer and trying to start with clean sheets. I did manage to launch the first window normally, but when second account logs in I get the error "Game Error [122]" No suitable graphics device was found. Are you running through a remote session or a VM? ....

I tried to change some stats in the ISBoxer Toolkit and last night I managed to get it working, but either I failed to save the setup correctly or it has reset itself. I now get the error each time and have spent 3 hours trying to correct it and search for anwers... Also when it comes to windows layout - why is there no pre-defined layout for 6 monitors with no swapping?

cheers
Last edited by AmazingBender on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: error when launching second screen "Game Error [122]

Which Game?. That can be useful to know.

I imagine you've manage to set the game to not use a suitable graphics device, or you happen to have a monitor plugged into a less than stellar graphics device, and have the Window Layout region for that slot is starting on that monitor, which means it will use the unsuitable graphics device (e.g. a stacked layout then moved around to different monitors will make the game start on the graphics card attached to the monitor).

The number of permutations over 6 monitors, means the generator might return a result in 100 years or so. So it doesn't do it. Also, 6 monitor layouts are rare. Funnily enough 2 monitor layouts are rare when compared to just single monitor layouts. It tends to go in fairly significant drops in the statistics as you add more monitors. So with 6 monitors in full use, you have to make your own layout. Easy enough to start with a generated layout, and then move/resize the regions as you like after completing the Wizard.
<<

AmazingBender

Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:11 am

Re: error when launching second screen "Game Error [122]

ahh, sorry Bob - Lord of the rings online :-), I normally always post in that forum, but since it was a window layout issue I was trying to get the post in the right forum and forgot the game-name :-D - I also figured out that by setting the Video FX when launching the game - the game windows stack on main monitor and if I then switch the option off and export to innerspace while the game is loaded they jump to the right place again. So I have found a little work-around at least. Also - running 6 monitors have never been an issue to me before :-) - But now when reconfiguring it I miss the option in the wizard for seperate window for each character with no swapping.
<<

bob

Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:55 pm

Re: error when launching second screen "Game Error [122] (LOTRO)

Lotro, cool. I'm not aware of a specific setting for setting the graphics device, so we'll have to go with the window layout.

So your workaround is forcing the game to load and render on a specific graphics card, and then display on a different monitor which is potentially driven by a different graphics device (I don't know what wires you've got plugged into what). If you are using more than 1 graphics device (card), or are using the onboard graphics of your computer to drive 1 or more of your monitors, then that would explain the cause.

The proper settings to use would be to select your Window Layout, select the Regions node, and then in the right, under Swap Groups, set the RESET REGION to be whichever region SLOT1 is being associated with (this effectively what is happening when you use your workaround). If you have regions in different swap groups (the regions have different coloured borders), then you should set the RESET REGION for each group.
<<

AmazingBender

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:18 am

got no onboard gfx card, but 2 Radeon 7970 gfx cards so bottom 3 screens is running on 1 card and top 3 screens running on other. Will test what you suggested and get back with answer
<<

AmazingBender

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:01 am

seems like if I fix a simple setup it works - but as soon as I start altering it and adjusting it stops working :-(

also if I try simple setup where screen swap it works until I start adjusting.

My best setup would be 1 alt pr. monitor - no swapping - but can't get it to work
<<

bob

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:08 am

Post your config as it is now (you can anonymise it, it'll need the characters/sets), I can make a couple of adjustments and provide a Window Layout that matches what you've asked for, along with instructions on pasting it in.

Share your config. In ISBoxer go to the File menu, select "Copy ISBoxer Toolkit Profile to Clipboard", then go to https://ybin.me/ paste it there, Save it, hit the copy link button and post the link to it here.
<<

AmazingBender

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:06 am

<<

bob

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:21 am

Ok
  1. goto this link. https://ybin.me/p/c65e265ed5d85696#DkG3 ... 3IOuv87XY=
  2. Click on the View Raw button at the top.
  3. Click in the white space.
  4. Press CTRL+A so it is all highlighted.
  5. Press CTRL+C to copy to clipboard.
  6. Goto ISBoxer Toolkit.
  7. Right click on the Window Layouts node in the top left.
  8. Select "Paste Window Layout from Clipboard" (this will not show if you have not managed to copy the layout by following the prior instructions correctly).
  9. Select Replace the existing item in the radio buttons and then click OK.
  10. Export to Inner Space.
Enjoy.....

If you do not enjoy, let me know, because chances are the issue is a bit more fundamental, such as your graphics cards are in cross fire mode, which is not supported when games are in Windowed mode (this is forced by ISBoxer). If this is the case, you would need to in-crossfire them.
<<

AmazingBender

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:06 am

import successful - but same issue :-(

weird - I have crossfire disabled
Next

Return to Window Layouts