FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

error when launching second screen "Game Error [122] (LOTRO)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:16 am

Re: error when launching second screen "Game Error [122] (LOTRO)

Ok, so if you have the same issue, then I can only suggest it is something shit with your cards or the game. Not sure which.

If you use this one https://ybin.me/p/35314674cd227143#yu7r ... 5/Azr6Sak= does it work?? (follow same instructions as before).
<<

AmazingBender

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:11 pm

don't know what differencies you did to that file, but it works :-) thank you very much for the help - now to get all the other stuff to work again :-)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:12 pm

Main change was to remove the Active Region, and set the Swap Hot Character to Never.

Now, if you want to, I think you could report to Standing Stone, that their game is a bit crap with graphics card selection. The first Window Layout I did was forcing each game to use the respective card for the monitors. The second one which you've said works is forcing all the games to render off the one card (if you monitor them you should see one very busy card and one not).
I suspect the issue is that the game is attempting to detect and use the graphics card which is driving your primary monitor (and if you set, in Windows, your primary to be on the top row, you will probably get the original error again).

The problem is occurring when attempting to get ISBoxer to balance the load across the two cards, the games attempting to start on the second card are not finding the primary card, which they've detected somehow, but Windows will be preventing access to it - because it is Windows which is enforcing the rule of when a window is created on a monitor, then the graphics device that will render it is the one the monitor is plugged into (you can move them around after it has started and rendering will still happen on the original assigned card).

All this stuff is what we call Cross Monitor Swapping, and some games work well with it (and the restrictions on it), and some don't. It appears LOTRO is one of those that don't, but a complaint in the right direction may get that fixed.
Previous

Return to Window Layouts