FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

a layout questions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Narrew

Post Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:27 pm

a layout questions

I have 4 characters displaying full screen (does not avoid task bar) on my main monitor, and a dxNothing window on a second monitor. I have the dxNothing showing each of my characters, but each are showing a space for the task bar. Can someone give me a hint on where to check that setting? Since the characters on the main window is going to the bottom of the monitor (I have my task bar hid) I figured that would be good enough since the dxNothing window just mirrors the main window?

Thank you!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:09 am

Re: a layout questions

It is more likely that the space is being left because of different physical resolutions on the monitor.

The other option is that there is something not right in the VideoFX layout. Is this a layout you have created, or did you select the option for VideoFX in the Window Layout Wizard?
<<

Narrew

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:53 pm

Thanks Bob.

More than likely it is the resolution issue. My main monitor is 1920x1080 and the second monitor is 1680x1050

As far as the second option, I manually set it. Maybe I can redo it. What I couldn't figure out was how to keep the 4 characters stacked on the main monitor and the dxNothing on monitor 3. The wizard shows monitor 3, but none of the Multi-monitor Window Layout has the 3rd monitor as an option, just 1 & 2. Going to have to dive back into the videos.

Thank you for getting back to me Bob.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:28 am

if you want the Window Layout Wizard to use specific monitors for the layout, and also set the preferred order, then you need to set them in the Monitors Collection in the right options (if you select this it will have an ellipsis button which I can't get to show for this screenshot).

For your stacked layout, there is a Stacked option. You could select that as your base layout, then manually update the config afterwards once created, to add in the setup on the second monitor and setup all the VideoFX that you are after.
If you let it create a VideoFX layout by setting the "Use Video FX" option to true, then you can just select a layout how you want it to work (e.g.. Multimonitor, Main on Display1, Smalls on Display2, Avoid Taskbar) , and the layout will take care of the small viewers being on a DXNothing (i.e. it should just give you what you are trying to achieve) and it will automatically stack the games all on the main display.

For a matching 16:9 ratio, 1920x1080 = 1680x945, so there will always be a bit of a difference somewhere. VideoFX may fill that in, or more likely it will letterbox it and you will have black bars.

p.s. You should set the options on the right first, then select a Layout from the drop down.
<<

Narrew

Post Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:21 pm

Thank you! I will work on this over the weekend!
<<

Narrew

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:22 pm

Hey Bob,

Only took me a few months, but finally had time to make the changes you suggested.

I needed to read through it a few times, but was able to set it up exactly as you said. Works great!

Now I just need to figure out what hotkeys I want on my main character, then create the pass through layout from my secondary characters. I think I have watched the videos enough that it shouldn't be to hard.

Thank you once again!

Return to Window Layouts