FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Window Swapping to a spare slot

Moderator: MiRai

<<

FALLEN11ANGEL

Post Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:49 am

Window Swapping to a spare slot

A very quick question. I play with 3 accounts on two monitors. I use the window layout where my main view is on the main screen and I have the second monitor cut into four.

Everything works fine but I want to give myself the opportunity to use the main monitor for other tasks such as editing or watching a full screen video while all of my game windows are on monitor 2. Since monitor 2 has two spare slots as it's cut into 4 I want the ability to press a key(just like the window swap key) to push my main view (monitor one) into one of the spare spots on monitor 2, giving me free space to do other things on monitor 1 until I chose to swap back with the usual window swap key. (It's for eve so a lot of sitting around without having to press anything but still need to see all windows)

Thank you in advance.

Edit: I have already tried the key action to window action for push to background. However that makes the current window disappear which was not what I'm after as I need to see the window.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:04 am

Re: Window Swapping to a spare slot

If I am understanding you correctly, all you should really have to do is use the Window Layout Wizard and set the "Leave hole" option to True, then select your multi-monitor layout. This way instead of re-using a Home Region from the other 2 windows when you use the action to push to background (making it seem to "disappear" because 2 windows are using the same Home Region...), it will use a separate Home Region.
<<

FALLEN11ANGEL

Post Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Window Swapping to a spare slot

Thank you very much Lax. Exactly what I was looking for. This is absolute perfection now! Semi AFK farming =v= while working in Adobe on something else! Doesn't get any better than that.

Return to Window Layouts