FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Region swapping seems to be disabled

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bonelessevil

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:44 am

Region swapping seems to be disabled

Region swapping seems to be disabled, but I know I enabled it (set "disable swapping" to "false"). However, when I click on another region (2-4), it doesn't swap with region 1. Essentially, region 1 is my main region, the others are just monitors for the other clients. I'm doing everything on one 34 inch screen, so I'm not using multiple computer monitors. currently, the windows are laid out how I wish, but it's acting as if swapping is disabled. When I click on another client, it becomes active and I can click on menus, ships, etc., but it does not swap to the main region. :?

Second, the only character set in question is "Eve #4"

http://pastebin.com/TLc00DXD
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:11 pm

Re: Region swapping seems to be disabled

Id be inclined to remove the # from the names of things. Especially the character set. It has special meaning wrt targeting, and might be causing your oddity. Apart from that, it all looks like it should work if you have exported and relaunched the team.
<<

bonelessevil

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:35 pm

Thank you. That helped. now I have couple similar issues:

key command—Swapping between the windows seems to work when I use the "next window" command (F10 on mine), but I cannot use "previous window" (F11). For some reason only the one works.

mouse click—Swapping by clicking on regions 2, 3, or 4, does not swap them into region 1. on previous set ups, it was always possible to use region 1 for my main account, then, as I clicked on other accounts, they would swap into region 1. I'd rather not use the dxnothing window, if I can help it.

http://pastebin.com/dYcTuTS7
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:05 pm

You have both Always On and the ISB42-Always on key maps assigned to your EVE 4 character set. You should probably only have the 1 assigned, and this is probably going to be the ISB42 - Always On key map.

From what I can tell, swapping should be working. It doesn't work if you are using a laptop with an NVidia card where the onboard iGPU is not disabled. For that you will need to use a VideoFX layout (the Window Layout wizard can generate one for you that will behave like a standard layout).
The other thing would be to use DirectX9 if you are not already. You may need to force it in the launch parameters if you are not already (you can set this in the ISBoxer EVE Launcher when creating the profiles - if you do not select the option it will default to whatever the game config is set to).

If you are using the "dynamic launch mode" with the ISBoxer EVE launcher, then Window Layout swapping may not function as expected (it should though). You should instead have the ISBoxer EVE launcher create the account specific game profiles in Inner Space, and then set each character to the appropriate account game profile, and then launch your team using the Inner Space context menu, selecting ISBoxer Character Sets -> NameOfYourCharacterSet. If you have saved the passwords, you can skip the entering password multiple times by launching the ISBoxer EVE Launcher first (as admin), and then when Inner Space launches the team it can "auto login"
Last edited by bob on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:56 pm

bonelessevil wrote:mouse click—Swapping by clicking on regions 2, 3, or 4, does not swap them into region 1. on previous set ups, it was always possible to use region 1 for my main account, then, as I clicked on other accounts, they would swap into region 1. I'd rather not use the dxnothing window, if I can help it.

There is a long-standing bug where when you first launch a Character Set you need to focus the client you want to swap to, un-focus it, and then re-focus it in order to make it begin swapping correctly.

Otherwise, like bob, I see no reason why your regions wouldn't swap around since you're using a standard layout.

Return to Window Layouts