FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Newb Help - Region Not Working?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Silphen

Post Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:40 am

Newb Help - Region Not Working?

I am currently trying to run 4 account stacked. I followed the tutorials, both guide and video, exactly as instructed. But I am not getting remotely the same results.

Monitor 1 - Regions 1/2/3/4 - Swap Group 1
Monitor 2 - Region 5 - Swap Group 2 (this is where I want my ViewFX sources for screen swapping)

However, Region 5 will NOT work what so ever. It continuously ends up on Monitor 1 and it's not even at the right resolution! I spent over 2.5 hours going through the guides multiple times and the ONLY time I got region 5 to go to 1920x1080 on the second monitor....it moved ALL of my regions there (using Active region setting).

I mean, everything else seems to work great. It opens all my accounts, but that's really about it until I can get a region to setup my click-to-swap setup...which really is no more functional that the default eve setup :|
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:55 am

Re: Newb Help - Region Not Working?

We're really going to need to see your profile to figure out whether there is something not quite right with it.

Other than that, the only things that come to mind is what you have set for the Active/Reset Regions for swap group 2. Each swap group can have different settings for these options, and they should really be set to either No Region or Region 5 (mainly as from your description is sounds like Region 5 is a DXNothing window).

I am going to go out on a limb and say you are doing a manual videofx layout. If you are by chance you are trying this with the VideoFX option in your window layout selected, or by using a source window layout generated by the wizard with the videofx option selected, then it may not work (although this does depend on a few variables of your layout, which is another reason why we would need to see the profile).
<<

Silphen

Post Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:03 am

http://pastebin.com/DthYycKP

Hopefully that helps
<<

bob

Post Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:16 am

because you are using an "auto" videofx layout, then you will probably need to put Region5 back into swap group 1, and other than that there should be no other need to change anything; provided that the DXnothing character is named DxNothing VFX1
<<

Silphen

Post Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:18 am

bob wrote:because you are using an "auto" videofx layout, then you will probably need to put Region5 back into swap group 1, and other than that there should be no other need to change anything; provided that the DXnothing character is named DxNothing VFX1

I tried that previously but it wouldn't work.

I tweaked a bunch of settings and left region 5 swap group 2. Now, all my windows, VFX, and click to swap is working. But I can't figure out mousebroadcast. I turn it on, but when I click in one window, nothing happens in the others. lol

Here's the latest http://pastebin.com/XXaHCwLj
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:50 am

What it looks like is that you began to manually create a VFX Layout on your own, by adding in dxNothing yourself and putting it in its own Swap Group, but also enabled the "Use VFX Layout" in the Window Layout options, which isn't going to just finish the rest of the work required for a manual setup.

If you want to use a VFX Layout created by ISBoxer, then it has to be created through the Window Layout Wizard. The easy way to do this is to, first, delete your existing dxNothing Characters and remove the extra Slot in your Character Set, then re-run the Window Layout Wizard, set "Use VFX Layout" to 'True,' and finally choose a new, non-existing layout from the drop-down which resembles what you want.
<<

bob

Post Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:38 am

Silphen wrote:But I can't figure out mousebroadcast. I turn it on, but when I click in one window, nothing happens in the others. lol

You are playing EVE, where Broadcasting is disabled by default for reasons. If you want to enable broadcasting for use (presumably for the recommended scenarios as described by CCP), you can re-enable broadcasting by unselecting the Disable option on your character set.

Return to Window Layouts