FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Nvidia Window scaling Broken... When do you expect a fix!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

otistaylor

Post Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:53 am

Nvidia Window scaling Broken... When do you expect a fix!

When will the window scaling issue be fixed for NVIDIA users! I know you say its a driver issue but could you please try to get the issue fixed. I cant use old drivers on the gtx 970m so all the windows dont scale right except the active primary. I play EQ2 but see people having the problem in other games. Basically all the small windows dont scale right. All drivers are current on Intel graphics chip too. This is on a MSI laptop.

If anyone has found an easy fix please let me know. Downgrading to an old nvidia driver is not an option.

Thanks!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:36 am

Re: Nvidia Window scaling Broken... When do you expect a fix!

otistaylor wrote:If anyone has found an easy fix please let me know. Downgrading to an old nvidia driver is not an option.

1) Run the Window Layout Wizard
2) Set "Use VFX Layout" to True
3) Pick a new, non-existing Window Layout
4) ???? (Export your settings)
5) Profit

Unless I'm misunderstanding your issue, what I've listed above should work around it.
<<

otistaylor

Post Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:40 pm

The problem is with the down scaling of the window . It is still a problem even when trying the above solution.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:57 pm

The bug is with NVIDIA + Intel co-GPU systems -- laptops -- sometimes called Optimus.

MiRai is providing the correct answer. There is no down scaling of the windows with a Video FX Layout. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Video_FX_Layout

A Video FX Layout replaces the small windows, instead stacking all of the windows at the same position as the main region. The small windows are simulated as Video FX views, placed on a DxNothing window.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:04 pm

otistaylor wrote:The problem is with the down scaling of the window . It is still a problem even when trying the above solution.

If you're still seeing the issue after following what I said, then you may have been selecting one of your pre-existing window layouts. In order to create a brand new window layout, you cannot choose one of the pre-existing layouts from the drop-down.
<<

Alecdr

Post Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:21 pm

I have one of those laptops with an nvidia GTX m960 4G and I-7. An HP OMEN and was wondering if any knew what driver version does work?

Also with ver. 42 is it possible to get click on to switch scalable windows? Assuming you don't use VFX.
Last edited by Alecdr on Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:40 pm

Alecdr wrote:I have one of those laptops with an nvidia GTX m960 4G and I-7. An HP OMEN and was wondering if any knew what driver version does work?

What is the need to have a specific driver version when using a Video FX Layout—explained in the second post of this thread—solves the issue explained by the OP.

Alecdr wrote:Also with ver. 42 is it possible to get click on to switch scalable windows?GTX

When using a VFX Layout, the default key combination to switch windows is ALT+Mouse1, which can be changed in your Character Set.
<<

Alecdr

Post Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:13 pm

What is the need to have a specific driver version when using a Video FX Layout—explained in the second post of this thread—solves the issue explained by the OP.

1) I am old and set in my ways;
2) I did try it and didn't understand how to use it and it was not what I had gotten used to.
3) v. 42 did not cause this problem on my desktop so ... Did I mention I was old and set in my ways!

I will go do my home work.

Thanks for answering on Thanksgiving,

Return to Window Layouts