FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Region setup issues [Superwide]

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Skitty

Post Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:56 pm

Region setup issues [Superwide]

So, I've got a superwide monitor set up into the vertical position (just got the mount today and finally got it set up). My problem right now is that when I launch the clients, it puts it on the superwide like...

-
XX
OXX
-
-
-

X's being the clients, O being the open slot and '-' being empty space where nothing exists.
I just have it set up [in ISBoxer] so that the clients are stacked on top of each other (and the main client on my main monitor):

X
X
X
X
O
-

Does anyone know why it does this? I've tried messing with it for the last 30 minutes and haven't been able to figure it out (even through reading the wiki). :(

EDIT: Adding Picture
http://imgur.com/a/d5mFW <--Regions
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:16 pm

Re: Region setup issues [Superwide]

1. It sounds like you might just need to use the Window Layout Wizard again to re-create a new Window Layout. To explain... Each Window Layout stores in it some of the properties of your monitors, so that we can do things like configure more than one computer at a time, or load someone else's configuration and look at it how they would see it. This is not usually a problem until your monitor layout changes, which can happen from driver updates, plugging monitors into different ports in your PC, rearranging the monitors in Windows, etc. The change is not always obvious to the user from looking at the Window Layout editor. But it can result in incorrectly placed windows.

2. It is also not unheard of to forget to Export to Inner Space after making changes, before launching your team again.

3. You may have display scaling configured in Windows. That can sometimes have a negative effect on ISBoxer, particularly since they introduced per-monitor Display Scaling. This may or may not be related to the issue, so what you'd want to do is find the setting in Windows (e.g. in the display properties) and set to 100%.

If none of that helps, we can use some more direct information to help you:
  • Show me your ISBoxer configuration -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
  • With your Character Set fully launched and demonstrating the wrong layout or whatever, press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+G in the game to bring up the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel; then click the "Debug" tab on the right, and then click "Capture State". Some diagnostic info from each window (e.g. size, position, 3d resolution, framerate) will be Copied for you to then Paste back to me
<<

Skitty

Post Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:19 pm

lax wrote:1. It sounds like you might just need to use the Window Layout Wizard again to re-create a new Window Layout. To explain... Each Window Layout stores in it some of the properties of your monitors, so that we can do things like configure more than one computer at a time, or load someone else's configuration and look at it how they would see it. This is not usually a problem until your monitor layout changes, which can happen from driver updates, plugging monitors into different ports in your PC, rearranging the monitors in Windows, etc. The change is not always obvious to the user from looking at the Window Layout editor. But it can result in incorrectly placed windows.

2. It is also not unheard of to forget to Export to Inner Space after making changes, before launching your team again.

3. You may have display scaling configured in Windows. That can sometimes have a negative effect on ISBoxer, particularly since they introduced per-monitor Display Scaling. This may or may not be related to the issue, so what you'd want to do is find the setting in Windows (e.g. in the display properties) and set to 100%.

If none of that helps, we can use some more direct information to help you:
  • Show me your ISBoxer configuration -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
  • With your Character Set fully launched and demonstrating the wrong layout or whatever, press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+G in the game to bring up the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel; then click the "Debug" tab on the right, and then click "Capture State". Some diagnostic info from each window (e.g. size, position, 3d resolution, framerate) will be Copied for you to then Paste back to me

Oh, jesus. I'm an idiot. I forgot to export it. -.-' I did everything I could to try to make it work correctly...and the 1 thing I *didnt* do was export it...gg. Sorry for wasting your time.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:33 pm

No problem whatsoever. Glad you're going again :)

Return to Window Layouts