FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Region setup help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tarb

Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:16 am

Region setup help

Hello, I currently have 1 ultra-wide monitor and want to know if I can setup two windows with window 2 always on top (so i can see it) but never active, unless i window swap it.
So i want window 1 full screen with window 2 showing in a corner but not active.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:12 pm

Re: Region setup help

You can definitely do that, and there are a variety of ways.
The easiest it to create a window layout during the quick setup wizard, or window layout wizard.
In the wizard, set the Enable Swapping option to false, and then choose a single monitor layout which is close to what you want.

When you finish, you can then find the Window Layout under the Window Layouts node in the top left, select it, then in the lower left pane, select Regions, and then in the lower right, you can adjust the properties of the regions. For a 2 man setup, you can set region 2 (the smaller one) to be Always On Top = On, and you can move it around with the mouse (click and hold to drag, or set the location values).

Swapping will still be achieved by using the default hotkeys (CTRL+ALT+X where X is a slot number e.g. 1, 2), or if you set a hotkey on the Always On -> Next Window mapped key.
<<

tarb

Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:12 pm

Re: Region setup help

Fantastic, thanks :)

Return to Window Layouts