FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mini Windows Blank

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:51 pm

Re: Mini Windows Blank

I've updated ISBoxer 42 Beta with multiple corrections to the VFX Layout system -- the offscreen window placement for certain window layout styles, as well as issues with mousing between the dxNothing when it overlaps the main area (such as when it is the size of the full screen on your Corner layout). In my testing this morning, the new behavior seems to be as desired.

If you want to back up your current profile (File -> Save As) so as to not lose your work, and give the updated beta another shot (note: until beta is over, you will need to manually download new beta versions via the updated beta URL) please let me know how it goes. Thanks :)
<<

Astaroth1999

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:30 am

Tested out the new version and here are my results:

1) VFX Layout now creates a proper layout (with only 1 large dxNothing window which is cool!)
2) Swapping does not work.
2a) At first load you have say char 1 and 2 if you click on char 2 it swaps to char main slot but char 1 disappears and char 2 slot goes blank.
3) Cannot interact with swapped windows (when a window is swapped to main I cant seem to interact with it. I can interact with it from the small vxf window though

Here is a video with some more detail on what I was seeing (I am on a train so its a bit shaky sorry about that)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfJu4RUOP5g
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:11 am

I've made further updates in ISBoxer 42.0.0913.1 when you get a chance to try again. Thanks :)
<<

Astaroth1999

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:04 pm

Latest version updates:

Good:
1) non-scaled VFX layouts generate correctly.
2) I can interact with windows when they are in the main spot
3) Switching windows with Ctrl-Alt-# works as expected

Bugs:
1) Switching windows by clicking the mini window causes the mini window to disapear (aka the previous main does not swap in)
2) scaled VFX layouts do not take scale into account (3kx2k scaled at 150% causes dxNothing to go off screen)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:21 pm

1) Switching windows by clicking the mini window causes the mini window to disapear (aka the previous main does not swap in)

The mini window disappears when the game window becomes foreground. It can technically stay there (and I could actually make this an option), but to operate like the Window Layout (and so people aren't confused by constantly seeing double) I hide it for you.

Does this bug happen for you every time? Can you Alt+Mouse1 (I assume you're not just clicking, right? You have to use the Video FX Focus hotkey?) another view in the layout to correctly bring up a different window when this happens?
<<

Astaroth1999

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:34 pm

lax wrote:

The mini window disappears when the game window becomes foreground. It can technically stay there (and I could actually make this an option), but to operate like the Window Layout (and so people aren't confused by constantly seeing double) I hide it for you.

Does this bug happen for you every time? Can you Alt+Mouse1 (I assume you're not just clicking, right? You have to use the Video FX Focus hotkey?) another view in the layout to correctly bring up a different window when this happens?

This does happen every time I use the mouse to click (Alt+Mouse1) and swap. For example:

if we have char 1 in the main window and 2 and 3 in mini windows and I alt+click on ... you know what... let me make a video :) gimme a sec.
<<

Astaroth1999

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Sorry for the shitty narration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcazwE9mhCw
<<

xeidor

Post Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:05 pm

I am currently having the same issue with clicking to swap, was this ever resolved?

Thanks
Previous

Return to Window Layouts