FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dual Monitor Problem (Everquest)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Fixxer

Post Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:40 pm

Dual Monitor Problem (Everquest)

I am having problems on my laptop too, but that's in another post.

Currently running 4 Everquest toons on one PC. I run the active window on the left monitor (main screen). The other windows swap from the left monitor to the right monitor. Everything worked fine until I modified the active window size on the left monitor. After that, 3 of the 4 accounts continued to work perfectly, but the 4th account suddenly would not swap anymore... It would go active and fill the entire right monitor rather than swapping to the main screen on the left monitor, and the mouse didn't function correctly.

The ONLY thing I changed was the size of the active window on the left monitor... It hosed everything. Can anyone tell me how to fix that 4th account so it doesn't bug out like this?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:41 pm

Re: Dual Monitor Problem (Everquest)

The active region normally sets the resolution. EQ is finicky when it comes to resolution changes, especially non standard ones (well it was in my experience with it).

You could check out the eqclient-charname.ini files and make sure the video settings are correct. Or my favourite would be to backup or delete the affected characters eqclient-charname.ini file and let it recreate on the next load.

Return to Window Layouts