FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

10man dxNothing Window Layout.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hellraiser2484

Post Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:28 pm

10man dxNothing Window Layout.

i am currently using the default layout for a 10man group. I was looking into using dxNothing for my layout but not sure how to go about using it because of the way the layout is.

1 main window, minions across the bottom and along the right side.

would i have to use a Fullscreen region for dxNothing and then position each of my windows on to it, or is it possible to load up a kind of backwards "L" shape type region with just 1 dxNothing.

unsure how to go about putting multiple windows into a dxNothing using on 1 monitor atm until i get my 2nd monitor setup.

regards,
Adam
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:36 pm

Re: 10man dxNothing Window Layout.

You would need to use 2 dxnothing characters..

Unfortunately you can't make window shapes that are not rectangular (this is because Windows itself works this way).

You also cant create a big dxnothing and put your game on top of it, because as soon as you use a videofx viewer, it will bring the dxnothing window to the front.
You also cant put your game windows to always on top, because then your have 10 games all fight to be the one on the top of the pile.

You can create 1 big dxnothing, and make 11 viewers. 1 being your "active" viewer that you play through.

If you make two dxnothing characters (you can name them whaever you like, mine are usually dxBottom, dxLeft, dxRight, etc), then you should also create an Action Target Group, call it dxNothing, and put you dxnothing characters in it. That way when you setup mapped keys to exclude your dxnothing character(s) you can just exclude the group.
<<

Hellraiser2484

Post Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:09 pm

Re: 10man dxNothing Window Layout.

thank you for the quick reply.

i wasn't sure if i could multiple dxNothing characters. that would make sense though lol.

i will give it a go when i get home, currently at work.

thanks again.

Return to Window Layouts