FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Went from 2 monitors to single 4k

Moderator: MiRai

<<

scions59

Post Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:39 am

Went from 2 monitors to single 4k

Hi guys!

I've recently run 4 LOTRO clients on 2 DVI connected monitors with no problems. Now joining the club of higher resolution, I've upgraded to a single 4k monitor. I can't get my layout to work no matter what layout I select. As I had a 980 ti on order to replace an older 760, I wasn't too concerned that it wasn't working since I've had experienced other display issues with that original card, but now that the 980 ti is installed, I'm having the same issue. I've gone through several posts and have disabled scaling in the NVidia software and switched the client to fullscreen (windowed) - previously, all clients on the two monitor setup were set as fullscreen. So far, nothing has changed the layout display at all.

Config- http://pastebin.com/HMT2WVgu

What I get is fullscreen on main client and two others I can see under the windows taskbar. No sign of 4th client though I can cycle through them.

I'm hoping it's something simple I'm missing!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:47 am

Re: Went from 2 monitors to single 4k

I'm gonna assume you just stuffed up copy/pasting of the profile there, because, there is pretty much nothing in there. If that is supposed to be your profile, that is the issue.

But, after you plug in your new monitor, you should run the Window Layout Wizard, and create yourself a new shiny window layout. Do not choose one of your existing layouts (usually at the top, and say "existing Window Layout" in brackets) from the drop down, because it will use the existing monitor settings from when that layout was created, and what you want is for ISboxer to read your new monitor settings, and use them as the basis for your new layout. You can see the monitor settings it will be using by the Blue shape box..... which sadly doesn't show the resolution... but you can see that if you click on the ... button for the "Use monitors" collection :)
<<

scions59

Post Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:01 am

Hi Bob -

Thanks for taking a look. No clue how that paste happened. Here's another one that looks more like XML :) http://pastebin.com/t3dNL3qJ

Of course I ran a new Window Layout wizard upon attaching the new monitor. You should see both my old layout (2 monitor) and my new one (single 4k monitor) within the recent paste.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:56 pm

scions59 wrote:I've gone through several posts and have disabled scaling in the NVidia software

I'm not sure if the text I've quoted is a typo, but any display scaling that is going to affect your Window Layout will be located in the Control Panel of the Windows OS, not in the GPU driver.

Windows can, and will, change that setting on its own if it wants to, but it needs to be set to 100%. If it is already showing that it's set to 100%, then change it to something else, and then back again in order to ensure that it is, indeed, set to 100%, as there is nothing wrong with your Window Layout in your profile.
<<

scions59

Post Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:46 pm

That did the trick, thanks oh boxing swami! Figured it was something simple.

Return to Window Layouts