FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Different Dual Monitor Question

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Fixxer

Post Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:27 am

Different Dual Monitor Question

I have 2 monitors and 4 accounts, and would like to make use of the screens available. I want the foreground character to fill the entire left monitor screen, and the other 3 background characters to be presented on the other monitor, and to be able to click the background character to swap him with the foreground (to become the new foreground character and place the other in the open slot on the right monitor screen). Can this be done? If so, how?

Thanks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:36 am

Re: Different Dual Monitor Question

That would be an option in the Window Layout Wizard (or the Quick Setup Wizard) called
  • Multi-monitor on \\.\DISPLAY1 and \\.\DISPLAY2 (Swapping,Avoid Taskbar) or
  • Multi-monitor on \\.\DISPLAY1 and \\.\DISPLAY2 (Swapping) or
  • Multi-monitor on \\.\DISPLAY1 and \\.\DISPLAY2 (Swapping,Maintain Aspect) or
  • Multi-monitor on \\.\DISPLAY1 and \\.\DISPLAY2 (Swapping,Maintain Aspect,Avoid Taskbar)

All these would do as you have described.

/e: it is possible your monitors are in a different order than mine. You can rearrange the "primary" monitor in the monitors collection on the right hand side. Click on the ... button to change the ordering. You may also set other options on the right there to suit your preferences. This will filter the number of options in the drop down in the wizard.
<<

Fixxer

Post Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:10 am

Progress! Unfortunately, the swapping is putting them back in different places, so I get easily confused which screen is which. How do I make them go back to their original position on the background screen? Turn swapping off?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:11 pm

Errr, no, the swapping action will always put them back in their original places... However it may seem like they are different because the Slot which starts out in in your main region (the big one), will move around to the space left behind by whichever slot is currently in the main region. If this action is confusing you, then you should probably use one of the layouts with the Leave a Hole option instead.

Return to Window Layouts