Dual Monitors - Swap screens from one monitor to the other

Moderator: MiRai

<<

necromantica

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:29 pm

Dual Monitors - Swap screens from one monitor to the other

Game: World of Warcraft

2 Monitors.

What I am trying to do: I want to configure a hotkey maybe (Alt+1) that when pressed, will move the current main wow window to my second monitor and then move the other wow window to my main monitor. Example is if my main character dies, I want to hit a hotkey to move that screen (with the dead character) to my second monitor and then move the Alive character screen to my main monitor.

Problem: I thought I got this to work yesterday but now today it stopped working and I changed nothing. Now when I press Alt+1 and say I am at the login screen it will just switch active windows and you will see the Blinking I in the text field to enter password. What used to happen was that when I press Alt+1 the windows would swap with each other. I know they swapped because the wow accounts WoW1 and WoW2 changed places. Also when I was logged into the game the characters would swap meaning the screens swapped.

What I have so far:
Created Windows Layout with swapping enabled.
Swap Hot character to main region, only when I press a Slot activate key.
In Key Maps, Always on, Next window, set the hotkey for Alt+1, Execute step when the hotkey is released.
Computer current computer. Focus rotate forward.

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: Dual Monitors - Swap screens from one monitor to the other

Slot Activate Keys are on the Character Set -> Slots. The Next Window mapped key is a completely different kettle of fish, although, to be fair, it should be working, despite the setting of "Only when I press a Slot activate key"
Thing to check would be under your Window Layout, on the Swap Group tab, whether your Active Region is set to Region 1.

But then, there might be a number of other reasons why it is not working too. You could share your config and we could check it out to see if there is something else going on.
<<

necromantica

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:52 pm

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:26 pm

Maybe I'm being dumb, and you need to set a different option in the drop down, like "any time ISBoxer focuses a window". TBH it's been a while since I used a non-stacked Window Layout.

Return to Window Layouts