FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

single monitor multiple windows gone wrong

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Kalithian

Post Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:44 pm

single monitor multiple windows gone wrong

Hey, hope someone can help me cause Im a bit lost and a true newbie when it comes to this program.

Im playing D3 and Ive tried following some youtube guides to setup more windows, even though I follow the guides my extra windows are as big as the main big window in solution I guess but it has the actual small size I want, if that makes sense? Im looking for a setup that has 1 big window and 3 smaller ones below the bigger one covering the whole screen more or less.

Please help a frustrated gamer! :)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:55 pm

Re: single monitor multiple windows gone wrong

n ISboxer, you can use the Quick Setup Wizard, or if you have already some this and created you team, you can runt he Window Layout Wizard. In both, you cn create a Window Layotu which does as you have described. The option to select from the drop down should be "Single monitor layout on \\.\DISPLAY1 (Swapping,Avoid Taskbar)" (depending on whether you want to Avoid covering the task bar or not.

If you have already selected this previously, and you have a Window Layout assigned to your character set, then your issue might be that you are not loading your character set correctly. You need to use one the following three methods to launch your team. The preference to eliminate issues is No. 1.
  1. Right click Inner Space in the system notification area and, in the ISBoxer Character Sets sub-menu, select your Character Set
  2. In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Character Sets, right click your Character Set and select Launch
  3. To create a shortcut on your desktop to launch your team: In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Character Sets, right click your Character Set and select Create desktop Launch shortcut

If you are doing the above, and it is not working, then you might be using Display Scaling (this is common for people with 4k monitors, less so with other resolutions, but maybe worth checking). You should disable display scaling if you have it enabled (set it to 100%).

Failing that, then we may need to see your profile, or even a diagnostic for crashes (despite the fact it is not crashing).
<<

Kalithian

Post Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:51 am

Pretty sure Im doing it like you say, sadly I am not that pro at this.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/ ... u2oyjb.jpg

that is how it looks though, might give you a better idea of what I mean. Its like its making 2 big windows and the one in the bottom left corner, I only see very little of.
<<

bob

Post Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:10 am

So, beyond what I've already suggested regarding the Display Scaling, providing your profile/diagnostics, it may also be worth selecting each game and making sure it is in Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen mode. If it is already in one of those, change it to Fullscreen, and then change it back again to one of the former settings. Do this with all your game windows.

If that does not fix it, then get the info requested.
<<

Kalithian

Post Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:46 am

Like I said, Im not very good at the things you are requesting and yes I have tried that profile thing... but I cant see what it is you want. Cant you tell anything from what the picture shows?
If not I guess I can keep trying the profile thing, but Im really not getting anywhere with that atm.
<<

bob

Post Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:54 am

Did you try changing the in game graphics options ? Have you checked your DPI/Display Scaling settings in Windows ?

The ISBoxer profile instructions are fairly easy.

1. Use "Copy ISBoxer Toolkit Profile to Clipboard" from the File menu. This will pop up a privacy box that can hide your Account and Character names for you in case they are present in your configuration. Account names are censored by default, but Character names are not. Once you click OK, your ISBoxer Toolkit Profile will be stored in the Windows clipboard in XML format.
  2. Next you will need to paste this XML. Paste this to a share site such as http://pastebin.com, set any applicable privacy settings of your choice (although others will need to be able to view it)
  3. provide the link to your saved paste. i.e. once you hit the submit/save paste button, you can then get the web page address from the top of your browser window and copy that, and paste it into a reply here.

The diagnostic for crashes page is fairly similar, except you will find it in the Help menu in ISBoxer, rather than the File menu in ISBoxer.
<<

Kalithian

Post Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:59 am

Ive been to pastebin, but I cant seem to find where to share the stuff...
<<

Kalithian

Post Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:00 am

http://pastebin.com/fNuqmaLb

Dont know if thats it
<<

bob

Post Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:07 am

That is it, and it is also the profile. I wasn't holding out much hope in it showing what was going on because your issue is likely to be one of the other things I have already mentioned, or the result of the 3rd party piece of software.....

So.... check the in game window settings as I've suggested, and "flick" them between the options I've said. If that does not resolve it, then check your Windows DPI/scaling settings (google "windows x display scaling" if you don't know what I mean, replacing x with your windows version). If that turns out to be not the issue, then get the diagnostic for crashes.
<<

Kalithian

Post Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:21 am

The scaling is on 100%.. but then again, if you look at the picture 25% wouldnt do much, its like Im only seeing the top right corner of the extra smaller window

And Im not sure what you want me to "flick" through sorry :/
Next

Return to Window Layouts