FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Window Layouts Swapping

Moderator: MiRai

<<

DEathkNIghtS

Post Mon May 09, 2016 1:32 am

Window Layouts Swapping

Hi all,

I play Diablo III 4 accounts, mostly Hardcore. I have 2 different window layouts I like to play: all windows stacked fullscreen (pleasant to play in Greater Rifts, less eye strain) and the second layout 75% stacked game window with additional 2 VFX dxNothing panels on bottom and right side of screen: bottom contains 4 copies of 25% center area from each game window, right panel contains 4 minimaps + 4 'cheat death trigger icons' (optimized for loot without windows swapping).

I would like to change these two layouts as fast as possible using hotkey. The most basic way I see is to manually change active Windows Layout for current character set in ISBoxer, save and apply changes to Inner Space.

I have decent knowledge to automate using Autohotkey or any other programming language/windows script.

Could you please suggest best solution?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 09, 2016 2:01 am

Re: Window Layouts Swapping

There is not currently a method for you to change a Window Layout on the fly. Especially if it would require launching more slots, as a DXNothing Layout would.

You have already found the most applicable solution, although you will need to launch your character set, which is the bit you are missing at the end, because the character set with DXnothings will be different to the character set without them.

You may put it on the wishlist for ISBoxer 3 :).
<<

DEathkNIghtS

Post Mon May 09, 2016 2:12 am

Thank you bob,

I don't mind to create dummy dxNothing windows 1x1 size in the top right corner to avoid actual launch of my character set.

Anyway can I have 2 backup copies of Inner Space configurations (for different layouts) and reload current configuration on hotkey? If it possible I can add automation of copying configuration in background and sending this hotkey to Inner Space.

Best Regards
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 09, 2016 3:28 am

You could probably setup a batch/cmd file to do it.

Your ISBoxer Profile is not actually what Inner Space uses. When you Export, your profile is broken down into several file which reside in C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts (or wherever you installed Inner Space). The file you need is ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML. This contains your Window Layouts, and the assignments.
So if you had a couple of these file backed up somewhere, you could copy the appropriate one in (or something along those lines), and then get ISBoxer to reload the config, by, reloading the character set. You can do this by using a command:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\InnerSpace.exe" run isboxer -launch "CHARACTERSETNAME".

Then if you are really keen, you could setup your batch/cmd file with a Global Hotkey (in the shortcut, not anything to do with ISBoxer), and when you press this, the batch/cmd file will run. If you've got the correct copying and a method for detection, you could get it to toggle the Window Layout.

But as this is working in a protected folder, it might also require admin privileges, which can be annoying to assign to batc/cmd files.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon May 09, 2016 1:01 pm

While this is completely out of my realm of expertise, I'll point it out anyway...

You could also set up completely custom Window Layouts using Window Actions, and that would, theoretically, allow you to swap between layouts quickly. I do not know if there are any drawbacks when attempting such a setup.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Window_State_Action
http://isboxer.com/wiki/Window_Style_Action
<<

frankbrown5276

Post Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:44 pm

Here's an idea for you, that might or might not work, but would prevent you from having to load a new preset each time you want to change your layout.

Why not have your 4 games screens stacked full size with a dxNothing stacked on top.
Then you could have a couple of hotkeys that would change the vFX viewers.
You could have one that would make a full screen vFX viewer of your game screen and could also switch between your characters on a repeated press.
Then another that would switch to your other layout.

I guess each hotkey would have to create and destroy each of the vFX sources and viewers.

I got this idea from one of MiRai's videos on using vFx viewers to recreate a window layout in wow.

Return to Window Layouts