FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

dxNothing Window Not Loading in Layout

Moderator: MiRai

<<

genghisconn

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:08 am

dxNothing Window Not Loading in Layout

Hello!

I have been using ISBoxer with two WoW characters in a simple layout - one on my primary monitor, and one in the bottom third of my second (vertical) monitor. Getting ready for WoW classic, I'm trying to get a dxNothing layout set up so I can run mouseover heals while playing my mage. I attempted to follow Mirai's instructions in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hntr1IE1Xgc - along with the wiki regarding the dxNothing character. The only discrepancy I've been able to catch between my settings and Mirai's, is that the VFX Create key map requires me to enter the window size as ####x#### instead of ####,#### (it resets the values to 0 if I use a comma).

Currently, my two WoW clients load correctly - stacked on my main monitor. However, the dxNothing window will not load into region 3; not even as a black box.

I've tried every combination of VFX check boxes throughout the dxNothing character, layout regions, layout wizard, key maps, etc.

Thanks in advance! :)

Configuration
https://pastebin.com/vAXYQ4JA
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:38 am

Re: dxNothing Window Not Loading in Layout

Window Layouts may have some issue with how your monitors are oriented. It may also be, that if you have Windows Display Scaling enabled (you do), the dxnothing is ending up elsewhere off display.
Hard to know which of these it is. Easiest will be to set your 4K monitor to 100% for the Windows Display Scaling (a setting in your Display options in Windows), create a NEW window layout and try it again.

You might also need to set the DXNothing region to be in it's own swap group. As it is a different size to the source windows, it may be a little funky with displaying videofx viewers otherwise.
<<

genghisconn

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:30 pm

I didn't even think to check anything with my display settings because the desired layout worked with normal WoW client windows. I already tried setting dxNothing to it's own swap group, but I'll try it again along with combinations of your suggestions as soon as I'm home. Thanks!
<<

genghisconn

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:02 pm

bob wrote:Window Layouts may have some issue with how your monitors are oriented. It may also be, that if you have Windows Display Scaling enabled (you do), the dxnothing is ending up elsewhere off display.
Hard to know which of these it is. Easiest will be to set your 4K monitor to 100% for the Windows Display Scaling (a setting in your Display options in Windows), create a NEW window layout and try it again.

This totally worked for getting my dxNothing window into the bottom 1/3 of my vertical monitor! However, it's not picking up video from either client; the window stays black.

Things I've tried:
- Setting the dxNothing window to it's own swap group
- Deleting and remaking the Always On key maps
- Turning various VFX option on/off
- Turning "Always on top" mode on(game window on top)/off

https://pastebin.com/0DLumtER
<<

bob

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:44 pm

/e nvr mind, I was wrong there initially so I removed that.

Positioning of your viewers is based on the top left of the window, which is 0,0. Your viewer positioning is putting the vfx viewer off the window area of the dxnothing.
<<

genghisconn

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:54 pm

bob wrote:/e nvr mind, I was wrong there initially so I removed that.

Positioning of your viewers is based on the top left of the window, which is 0,0. Your viewer positioning is putting the vfx viewer off the window area of the dxnothing.

/e False alarm!!! I got it!

My question now is how do I get my dxNothing window to always show my WoW client that's in the back? Current, I click my hotkey to create the viewer, but it's static to whichever window I use the hotkey on first.
<<

bob

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:20 pm

Slot swapping mapped keys

The later part of the video from about 7m30s covers this.
<<

genghisconn

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:58 pm

bob wrote:Slot swapping mapped keys

The later part of the video from about 7m30s covers this.

100% working now. I guess I didn't fully understand the implementation of the auto-swap view key map. Really appreciate the help my man!

Return to Window Layouts