FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Windows swapping issue (single monitor)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Jakkre

Post Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:01 am

Re: Windows swapping issue (single monitor)

MiRai wrote:This is what I thought the problem was - https://youtu.be/R4DpGcli0Xo (video may still be processing)

This is exactly the bug I'm talking about! Thanks for uploading the video.
MiRai wrote:When I mentioned that back in August I first experienced the bug, I was using Windows 7, and I'm now on Windows 10 with, as far as I can think of, different everything (profile, drivers, plenty of programs that I had running on W7 that I haven't loaded on W10 yet). This, as far as I know, always happens upon the initial launch of any Character Set when not using a VFX layout, but I've had times where I've had to click on a VFX viewer multiple times (cycling focus on it) in order to get it to swap the game client.

For me the swapping bug occured a few months ago. I had windows 7 these days and later on updated my computer to windows 10 but the bug is still present.
Im not using a VFX layout and like u I have the sawpping bug on all my character sets and it happens on the initial launch.
Doesn't matter if I use the ISboxer Toolkit or the red Innerspace cross to lauch my team, the bug occurs on both.

MiRai wrote:I'll also mention that I can't get it to happen again upon exporting or re-launching an already running Character Set right now--only upon initial launch. I am not focusing on anything special, but it also doesn't matter if I go and focus other programs before coming back to the game clients. As long as I do not touch the slave clients, then they will not swap to the home region upon the initial click for focus (although they become active).

I tested and can confirm that all these things also happen for me.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:25 pm

Okay, I see what is happening, from MiRai's video. This issue SPECIFICALLY affects the "No holes" style of layouts; should you switch to one that provides a home region for every window, the issue does not exist.

I should be able to track that down.
<<

Jakkre

Post Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:31 pm

Bumping this topic because the swapping issue still exist.
Any chance that it can be fixed?
<<

Jakkre

Post Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Bumping again.
After 2 years of waiting this Windows swapping issue is still not fixed.
<<

Jakkre

Post Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:07 am

Came back to give the update that the bug is still there.
Swapping the window by clicking in the new region doesn't work.
Is there really nobody else out there that bothers this?
<<

Jakkre

Post Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:08 am

Hello,
I haven't updated my ISboxer for a while.
Did any update address the described window swapping bug or is the issue present until today?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:34 pm

So, while I sympathize with you about this bug, this particular issue is probably not going to be solved in ISBoxer 1.

Some problems with Window Layouts are due to the way ISBoxer expects each individual window to manage its own states. Sometimes, particularly at launching time, this doesn't work out nicely.

ISBoxer 2, currently in Alpha testing, is correcting this and many other problems.
Previous

Return to Window Layouts