FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Windows swapping issue (single monitor)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Jakkre

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:43 pm

Windows swapping issue (single monitor)

Hi,
usually I swap between my character windows by clicking in the regions. I dont have keys assigned for window swapping.
Recently a problem appeared. After launching my team when I click in a new region it doesnt switch to that region as if it doesnt recognise the click. Switching only works when I click in the main region and afterwards in the new region.
Now I have to do this once for each of my regions and afterwards the switching works fluently until I lauch the game again.

I didnt had this problem before so my assumption is that it appeared either after a graphic driver update or after a isboxer update.

I thought the problem might has something to do with that the game is in the background so it doesnt recognise the click in the new region.
So I changed the Isboxer settings to "make game believe it is foreground window" and in the layout settings I have set all regions always on top mode. Sadly both things doesnt help...

Thats my layout config: http://pastebin.com/KGqsn1LP
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:50 pm

Re: Windows swapping issue (single monitor)

At this point it's unknown what is causing that behavior, as I have personally experienced it, as well. You might avoid this problem by moving to a VFX Layout using Video FX.
<<

Jakkre

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:08 pm

MiRai wrote:At this point it's unknown what is causing that behavior, as I have personally experienced it, as well.

Im pretty sure that this problem occurred with one of the recent ISboxer updates.
MiRai wrote:You might avoid this problem by moving to a VFX Layout using Video FX.

This video fx layout looks quite interesting but also seems to be quite complicated to set it up.
Im just curious if it can have a negative impact on the performance to have all these video fx regions.
Whats exactly the advantage of using such a vfx layout over the default layout? I mean aside from fixing my windows swap problem.

P.S. Ur videos are awesome!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:53 pm

Jakkre wrote:Im pretty sure that this problem occurred with one of the recent ISboxer updates.

I first noticed the issue when I created this video back in August, and ISBoxer hasn't had an update since September 12th, so it couldn't have been a recent update of ISBoxer that caused it.

Jakkre wrote:This video fx layout looks quite interesting but also seems to be quite complicated to set it up.
Im just curious if it can have a negative impact on the performance to have all these video fx regions.

VideoFX uses what is already created and running in the background of the Windows OS. It can look complicated if you're not familiar with it, but I'd say that's true of most things in life.

Jakkre wrote:Whats exactly the advantage of using such a vfx layout over the default layout? I mean aside from fixing my windows swap problem.

VFX Layouts are pretty much required if you ever want to use VFX for healing or Send Next Click Actions.
<<

Jakkre

Post Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:37 pm

MiRai wrote:I first noticed the issue when I created this video back in August, and ISBoxer hasn't had an update since September 12th, so it couldn't have been a recent update of ISBoxer that caused it.

Do u use the AMD catalyst graphic driver by any chance? It might be the graphic driver that is causing the problem.
MiRai wrote:VFX Layouts are pretty much required if you ever want to use VFX for healing or Send Next Click Actions.

During cata I used vfx to track the holy power of my pala slaves on the main screen so its not completely new to me but the idea to use vfx to replace the complete character layout didnt came in my mind.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:36 pm

Jakkre wrote:
MiRai wrote:I first noticed the issue when I created this video back in August, and ISBoxer hasn't had an update since September 12th, so it couldn't have been a recent update of ISBoxer that caused it.

Do u use the AMD catalyst graphic driver by any chance? It might be the graphic driver that is causing the problem.

I have been using nVidia GPUs for close to 10 years now. However, I believe I experienced the same issue with my VFX Layout earlier today, so I'm not entirely sure that it will fix your issue.
<<

Jakkre

Post Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:12 am

I just updated ISboxer to version 41.15 and I still have the same problem that windows swapping by clicking in a different region doesn't always work.
Anybody else has the same problem and knows a solution?
The problem occured like a half year ago so should I downgrade my ISboxer to a older version?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:47 am

You can try. It is probably InnerSpace you'd want to revert (I'm not even sure ISBoxer has archives). You can find them here https://www.lavishsoft.com/innerspace/archives (you'll need to log into your Lavishsoft.com account to get to it). As you (so far) seem to be the only one who can consistently reproduce this issue, then it would be helpful to know whether an earlier version does make the issue go away.
If you want to know the timeframe of the version history, you can find it here. http://www.lavishsoft.com/release/innerspace/all

It is possible that the issue is a combination of other software too, so perhaps a Diagnostic for crashes would be useful (yep, even though it is not crashing).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:56 am

I think MiRai may have thought the problem you were describing was something else. You're describing something that only happens when you first launch the team, right? At least, that's what your original post said.

When you launch your team, how are you doing that, specifically? (Where are you clicking on something to launch it?) If you're using a desktop shortcut, or ISBoxer Toolkit, this can affect the foreground/background states as the game instances are launching.

The profile pasted does not actually have a Character Set in it with multiple Characters on the same PC, so I can only assume this is not your current configuration. Can you provide an updated paste of your configuration?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:39 am

lax wrote:I think MiRai may have thought the problem you were describing was something else. You're describing something that only happens when you first launch the team, right? At least, that's what your original post said.

This is what I thought the problem was - https://youtu.be/R4DpGcli0Xo (video may still be processing)

When I mentioned that back in August I first experienced the bug, I was using Windows 7, and I'm now on Windows 10 with, as far as I can think of, different everything (profile, drivers, plenty of programs that I had running on W7 that I haven't loaded on W10 yet). This, as far as I know, always happens upon the initial launch of any Character Set when not using a VFX layout, but I've had times where I've had to click on a VFX viewer multiple times (cycling focus on it) in order to get it to swap the game client.

I'll also mention that I can't get it to happen again upon exporting or re-launching an already running Character Set right now--only upon initial launch. I am not focusing on anything special, but it also doesn't matter if I go and focus other programs before coming back to the game clients. As long as I do not touch the slave clients, then they will not swap to the home region upon the initial click for focus (although they become active).
Next

Return to Window Layouts