FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EQ1] Window can not be maximized anymore

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Landario

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:11 am

Window can not be maximized anymore

hi,

i have a problem with mutlitboxing 4 chars on Everquest that sometimes one of the windows can not become mainwindow anymore and only stays in minimized mode ....any problem to solve this ?

Its rather annoying since i have to close this window and reload the game completely for that window. Its rather nasty in the middle of fights when you can not switch to that window anymore..when i hover with the mouse over the minimized window i can see that is not frozen though and still active i just cant make it main window anymore. Instead of the game i just see my windows background in that case...

maybe you can help me out .-)

regards
landario
<<

rencro

Post Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Window can not be maximized anymore

I've never had this happen to me on either Eq or Eq2, using the non developer version..But I have seen it on Vanguard while using the developer version..
Not sure if we are experiencing the same thing, but maybe try using the non developer version (if you are not) to see if that changes anything..
<<

slowgreenturtle

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:02 pm

I've had this issue happen several times also, at least 2-3 a week in the last month. No discernible steps to reproduce it--I have tried. Nor is it any particular window which suddenly fails. Running EQ1 on a quad core with 5 accounts at the same time. Any other steps or actions we can do to troubleshoot this?
<<

zimmerz

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:13 pm

I'm having this same exact problem, almost every time I minimize an instance of EQ, I cannot get it to come back up. Sometimes when it does this, i will actually get an error message (something like "Device reset failed"), and that box will close completely.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:59 am

There is a known issue with minimizing a window. Avoid minimizing the window for now.

Return to Window Layouts