FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

more window layout probs

Moderator: MiRai

<<

greenbean

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:25 pm

more window layout probs

Me again! I am able to run 6 Eq1 clients fine but when I tried moving to 8 it loads fine to the login screen but when I log into game the slot opens in a new window. When I click to another slot the previous slot does pop into place but it has the window border and all slave windows are running slower as if out of focus. When only running 6 it's like everything stays in focus running at full speed and there are no borders and everything pops into place correctly. All settings are the same except for the additional slots. I've tried remaking it from scratch with no luck. Any idea what would cause this? Is there a limit on slots before problems like this start occuring?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Re: more window layout probs

No, there is no difference between 6 and 8 as far as IS or ISBoxer are concerned. You might be overloading your system when running 8...?

If you want to share your config maybe I can explain some of what you're seeing. Here's some additional questions it would help to have answers to:
1. What version of Windows?
2. Are you running out of RAM?
3. Are you using multiple monitors? Multiple video cards?
4. What CPU(s) do you have?
<<

greenbean

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:33 pm

lax wrote:No, there is no difference between 6 and 8 as far as IS or ISBoxer are concerned. You might be overloading your system when running 8...?

If you want to share your config maybe I can explain some of what you're seeing. Here's some additional questions it would help to have answers to:
1. What version of Windows?
2. Are you running out of RAM?
3. Are you using multiple monitors? Multiple video cards?
4. What CPU(s) do you have?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
I have 8gb RAM and it shows plenty available
1 monitor 1 video card - radeon HD 5850 1gb ram
i have quad core 3.2ghz (amd phenom II x4 955)

As I typed this up I went thru my setting once again and found the problem! In the character set I did not have the boxes checked to force foreground and no repositioning! doh! oh well, maybe this post helps someone else.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Glad you got it figured out :)

Return to Window Layouts