FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Window Layout not working EQ2

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nivri

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Window Layout not working EQ2

I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting this issue; but it did happen after downgrading to Windows XP (from Vista). I'm playing EQ2 and since my hard drive crashed I took the opportunity to downgrade to XP so I could get better frame rates with EQ2. As a result I had to reinstall everything from scratch. I did however have a backup copy for my ISBoxer config.

The strange thing I'm running into now is with my regions. I run two characters and use two monitors. Region 1 is on my primary monitor. Region 2 is on my secondary monitor and is used to swap out the inactive session. What happens is when I load up my 2 sessions the EQ2 windows show up initially on my primary monitor. Once the game is fully loaded I am no longer able to view the games on my primary monitor; they only show up on the secondary monitor.

So far I have completely deleted the Window Layout and recreated however I still get the same issue. I have also eliminated one of the monitors and set all regions to my primary monitor and this works fine. As soon as I drag the regions to the secondary monitor the issue comes right back.

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated it. I'm fairly certain this is some type of config issue that I"m overlooking.

Thanks in advance
<<

nivri

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: Window Layout not working EQ2

Also read a few other posts and would like to add that Innerspace and IsBoxer are installed to the same directory. EQ2 is also running in window mode.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:04 pm

I would assume that your monitor settings changed during the downgrade. To fix it the easy way, destroy your existing Window Layout (right click it in the top pane and select Delete), and create it fresh. Just right click on Window Layouts and select Window Layout Wizard, it will ask you for your Character Set and then let you pick the style, and it'll attach it to your Character Set for you. You can make changes to it afterward etc.

Now for the explanation of the issue. ISBoxer stores the monitors with the Window Layout. This is so people can configure multiple computers from their main PC, and also so that when you share your configuration with me or someone else and want help with it, I see exactly what you see. When you downgraded your OS, the drivers probably considered the opposite monitor to be #1 -- I can't tell you how annoyed I was when that happened to me. You can fix ISBoxer's view of your monitors in that Window Layout by selecting "Current Computer" from the drop-down box that says "<Pre-defined Computer>" (it was defined at the time the window layout was created). If you're lucky, you won't have to repair the window layout after.

Let me know if this helps. :)
<<

nivri

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Actually did delete the entire window layout and recreated as well as toggle the selection to "Current Computer". I think I'm running into a difference between how XP handles windows versus Vista. What I normally do is double click the title bar of the active window (screen 1) to get a fully maximized window. I do this for both windows when they become active. From there I can use the task bar to switch between the two EQ2 sessions. So what it boils down is that screen 2 is my passive viewing screen for the other eq2 session I'm running as well as a place to put other windows such as my browser.

Now when I double click the title bar of the active window the problem starts to happen. Immediately after double clicking the title bar of the active window it goes over to screen 2. It's not until I double click the title bar again that it shows back up on screen 1. The other thing I did that seemed to have helped was change the active window session 1 on screen 1 to a little bit less than my monitors max resolution of 1680X1050 to 1680X1020.

I thought this could be a display driver issue and downgraded the driver as well. I'm using a 9800 GT and went from Nvidia driver 195.62 to 191.07. This hasn't seemed to make a difference.

I hope my issue is being described well but the short version is that what I use to do to in Vista doesn't happen in XP. Odd but I'm 100% positive not uncommon =). Would love to figure it out though so please more suggestions and I'll be happy to try them out.
<<

nivri

Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:48 am

A quick update to this who ever may be reading. The issue ended up being a difference between Vista and XP. Apparently in Vista you can maximize your windowed screen of EQ2. However in XP this does not work as intended and as such you get the issues I explained. I resolved the issue by reducing the overall Window Layout resolution and stopped "double clicking" the title bar to maximize the window. I've been running fine ever since I changed my habit.

Return to Window Layouts