FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Resizing windows for 1920X1080 resolution??

Moderator: MiRai

<<

madsean

Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Resizing windows for 1920X1080 resolution??

Does anyone have any tips for getting my windows layouts to better fit 1920X1080 resolution?
The default resolution of 1600X900 leaves a third of screen empty.

Any help would be appreciated. :mrgreen:
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:20 am

Re: Resizing windows for 1920X1080 resolution??

Huh?

Follow the sticky that's at the top of all forums to share your config so I can see what you mean. ISBoxer generates Window Layouts for your particular monitor sizes and your Character Set. There's not really any "default resolution".

If you're only playing 2 characters, you might end up with a big fat hole on the bottom right (or some other corner, depending on your selections during the wizard). You don't need to do that if you don't want to; you can adjust the Window Layout to put the smaller window on top of some area of the main window that you don't normally need to look at. Or you can go without a Window Layout if you prefer, which will let you just alt-tab between them at the cost of actually being able to see the other window ;)

Another alternative to the above is to set up your Window Layout to support 5 characters instead of 2. There's various ways to do this, but there's less room for each window of 5 at the bottom than there is for 2 or 3. But there would still be a big hole to the right of the smaller windows.
<<

hephaestus

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:37 pm

I am also having the same problem, the unused screen is not the hole for the active window, it is around the top and bottom rows (and shows as the same 1600x1900 resolution) when I try to use two accounts. I will try to post my config later, but will try the 5 window fix first. I think it has something to do with monitor detection, but I am not 100 percent sure.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:07 pm

If you're only playing 2 characters, it might be worth not using a window layout at all. You can set up a Video Feed source to show the other window as Picture-in-Picture instead, with an optional border and partial transparency. MiRai's new video feeds walkthrough shows how it is done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY_IatEInWo

Return to Window Layouts