FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

4k Display, Eq 8+ accounts

Moderator: MiRai

<<

KalJenkins

Post Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:49 am

4k Display, Eq 8+ accounts

I have used isboxer successfully in the past on my 1920X1080 monitor no problem, using anywhere from 6 to 24 accounts at once. It has been about a year since I last really did this, and now I have an entire new system.
Intel 4690 CPU
EVGA 1080GTX video
Samsung 4k monitor
16GB DDR3 Ram
windows 10
Eq

I am trying to create an 8-box window at the native resolution of 3840X2160 @60 hz. I want the main window to be largest and wrapped by other windows, swapping leave space and leave room for the taskbar.

I have installed this from scratch, and used the window format wizard, but each time every toon is full screen and I cannot see the taskbar, also the window is horribly off center in each. Any help would be appreciated, been messing with this for a couple hours now. TY
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:39 am

Re: 4k Display, Eq 8+ accounts

I re-titled your thread for you so that it doesn't break our (few) rules. Please bear those in mind, thanks :)

I have installed this from scratch, and used the window format wizard, but each time every toon is full screen and I cannot see the taskbar, also the window is horribly off center in each.

EQ1 has this terrible um... system... where they use one display system at the EULA to Login to Server Selection, and a completely different one from Character Selection and on. Once you get to Character Selection, the game resets the display, unloading the login screen display system, and loading the in-game display system -- once it gets there any display issues you saw at the login screen should go away. So if you have not attempted to get that far because the login screen is shit, consider simply trying to get through that part.

Secondly, DPI scaling in Windows may negatively affect your Window Layout. If it's set to 125% for example your game window could end up 125% of the size ISBoxer wanted. If it's set higher than 100%, try setting to 100% and see if that helps.

Finally, it might help to share your configuration so we can make sure there's not some other issue with your layout, that would cause it to not be as you have described. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

jsre

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:42 pm

Secondly, DPI scaling in Windows may negatively affect your Window Layout. If it's set to 125% for example your game window could end up 125% of the size ISBoxer wanted. If it's set higher than 100%, try setting to 100% and see if that helps.

Here's what I had to do to get things on a 4k monitor looking like they used to on a 1920x1080

Step 1 - In the window layout under regions, add a new 1920x1080 region. Under the regions tab (right hand side), Set the width/height to 1920x1080.
Step 2 - Under the swap groups tab (right hand side), set the reset region to be the 1920x1080 region you've just added.
Step 3 - Open windows explorer, navigate to your everquest folder, right click eqgame.exe and under the compatibility tab there will be an check box or other option to "override high DPI Scaling behaviour". Select it and let the application handle scaling. Some windows versions you must click 'Change high DPI settings' to find this option.
<<

boxerjohn21

Post Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:52 pm

I'm having similar issues, but in a different way. I will attempt to explain. I run EQ in windowed mode, and use windows built in 150% zoom to allow me to run the game at the standard 4k resolution, but it enlarges the UI so I can actually see it. Now when I launch EQ through ISBoxer, the screen is twice the size of my 4k monitor and it stays that way though character load in as well.

The UI enlargement requires the High Res box spoken about earlier to be unchecked.

Any suggestions on this one?

Thank you for your time.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:28 am

The general recommendation is to do this... https://isboxer.com/w/index.php?title=F ... in_ISBoxer
<<

boxerjohn21

Post Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:52 am

Thank you Bob, I will give that a try!

Return to Window Layouts