FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

single monitor multiple windows gone wrong

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Kalithian

Post Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:57 am

Re: single monitor multiple windows gone wrong

Really frustrating, but I tried doing this on another computer and it worked on that.... that doesnt fix my problem though cause that computer is very very very slow and wont be good enough to play on, its not even good enough to play 1 on.
But that just makes it worse lol.... wtf is wrong with my good computer :S
<<

Kalithian

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:32 am

In case anyone is still interrested in helping, I tried loading the setup from my shit computer and it still didnt work on my good computer, so I guess that something surely is interfering.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:38 am

As we have gone through all the normal items that cause issues:
  • Display Scaling
  • Compatibility Settings
  • Setting window options
  • Third party software
  • Something in your profile

You have four choices left.
  1. it is some other third party software, which you will need to close. You can test this by making sure all software is closed, including things that put up icons in your system tray. There was nothing obvious to me in your paste that might cause it other than your Hotkey software, but it could be one of the other things.
  2. You might need to revert your graphics drivers. NVidia v359.06 would be a good one to attempt.
  3. It might be the intel graphics software, but it doesn't appear to be. If it was then it should be loading into the games, and it wasn't
  4. format and reinstall
<<

Kalithian

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:18 am

Well in that case, thanks for all your help and good effort I do appreciate that.
I wont format though, computer is quite new and I havent used it for much other than d3 and fm2016 :)
I'll give the graphics a go but if that doesnt work I guess Im just that lucky :s
Again thank you!
<<

Kalithian

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:41 am

Ok, so Ive uninstalled the geforce drivers and started the program with no driver installed, that worked, obviously not playable, but the windows were correct, guess Im just looking for a proper version :S
<<

Kalithian

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:50 am

Aaaaaaaand I cant find any that works xD
<<

bob

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:23 pm

You may want to change the language, but this page gives you a list of a bunch of them.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Assuming you are running a desktop, then I'd suggest the 359.06 as I suggested earlier. There were a number of people who had issues with v362 and above, and this version sorted it for them. On a laptop it was necessary for at least one of our regulars to revert to v358.50, although you can test out what you want. You should also only install the minimum needed, i.e. the drivers. Skip Gforce Experience/3dvision etc, especially if you do not actually need them. Make sure you go through the full process of uninstall (clean), reboot, install, reboot, retest.

If None of that is working, then I'd go with the format/reinstall. Regardless of whether it is a new/recent machine build, it sounds like something is interfering, and you need to remove as much as possible to begin with, and find out what, that just happens to be the easy path. You could slowly uninstall things if that is a preferred option, but sometimes that will not fix it.

As a final thought, if this is a desktop, you could try disabling the onboard (intel) graphics via the UEFI/BIOS.
<<

Kalithian

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:42 am

Im on a laptop.

When trying to install drivers it just goes: "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware."
<<

bob

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:15 am

Seems a bit weird. I've never had that as long as I select the appropriate driver for the graphics chipset. Recently some laptop makers have been putting desktop graphics chipsets in their laptops, so it would pay to know what hardware you have to ensure you are selecting the correct driver.

You could also check out the laptop OEM site for any current/historical drivers they may have available, they should definitely work, whereas the NVidia drivers are more "generic" (although there should be no reason for them not to work unless your laptop OEM has done something out of the ordinary).
<<

Kalithian

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:17 am

The "oldest" version I can to work is 361.91.. anything older wont hold

Edit: Gonna try some of the older again after another reboot.
Last edited by Kalithian on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Window Layouts