FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help with setup? client position switching.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tigahawk

Post Tue May 24, 2016 11:45 pm

Help with setup? client position switching.

Allo!

I have the trial and am trying to set it up but have run into some difficulties. Have tried googling but have not had much luck ;(

I'm running ISboxer with Eve Online.

Two questions!

1) I disabled it from moving client windows to my primary monitor on left click as this was driving me nuts. Previously i'd mostly have the single client on the main monitor and the others on my secondary monitors. I would manually move the window of another client as the need arose to the primary monitor and maximise it. Is there a way i can create a hotkey (like Ctrl + Left click on client - or perhaps actually use the G key's off to the side of my keyboard) to move a client to the main monitor? So i can do it on occasion as needed but not all the time?

2) I've found i now need to double click to get focus of clients on my secondary monitors. oddly i have never needed to double click to get a response straight out of my other clients even tho the primary client still has focus? only started happening when using isboxer.

Thanks heaps for your assistance with this!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 25, 2016 12:12 am

Re: Help with setup? client position switching.

1. You can set hotkeys for each Slot in a character set, which will activate a given window.
If you don't like that one, because you cant use G Keys for it, then you may need to roll your own. In the Always On key map there are a Next Window/Prev Window mapped keys. You can set hotkeys on these, and it will cycle through the clients, or, you could copy these (right click, Make Copy), and change the Actions in the steps to activate a specific slot only. If you set a specific hotkey for each copied mapped key, you will have your wish.

2. If you select your Window Layout, in the top left, and then make sure the top node is selected in the lower left, there an option which says, "When clicking to focus a window, the mouse should...". You may need to play with the options here.
<<

tigahawk

Post Wed May 25, 2016 2:30 am

Thanks! Have got the double click thing gone!

Still having issues with the window switching tho :(

I have 3 monitors that are all different sizes (sorry!) so to retain the ability to read them without it distorting the screen to the point it's unreadable on anything but the primary client (http://i.imgur.com/GyBTkVG.jpg) I have un ticked / disabled "Use Instant Window swapping" under window layouts / general.

To get it to stop swapping windows around when i clicked them under regions i selected disable swapping. I've tried re-enabling it but that just makes the click to swap return :(

I've setup under reach character slot a different hotkey for each window (not the G key's) and this does not swap the windows when i press them.

What am i missing here?
<<

bob

Post Wed May 25, 2016 2:40 am

Turning off the Instant Swapping option will mean that each game will be set to render at the resolution of the region it is homed in. If your regions do not use the same aspect ratio this means that broadcasting the mouse position (not allowed in Eve anyway), will end up being in a different location for each game. It also means that when you swap from the home region to the active region each game will probably resize itself because it will be changing resolutions. This may move around in game UI elements, and end up being a little annoying, not to mention slow. Your problem is compounded a little by having screens of different sizes, which I assume (rightly or wrongly) means different resolutions (physical dimensions makes no different, resolution does).

Anyway, you should probably not set each region to Disable Swapping = true, (set if back to false), and instead change the option for Swap Hot Character to main region to Only when I press a Slot Activate hotkey. This will allow the hotkey options on the Slot settings to function, and stop the click to swap.
<<

tigahawk

Post Wed May 25, 2016 2:59 am

bob wrote:Anyway, you should probably not set each region to Disable Swapping = true, (set if back to false), and instead change the option for Swap Hot Character to main region to Only when I press a Slot Activate hotkey. This will allow the hotkey options on the Slot settings to function, and stop the click to swap.

Sorry for being a nubtie. Cant find any options for swap hot character? have checked under window layouts and character slot profiles. :S

Am OK with stuff moving around as it resizes as i've been doing it manually for ages when i'd drag a minimised client from 1 monitor to the primary then hit fullscreen. Am also aware of the no broadcasting for eve - really only going after isboxer for window management as its impossible to have the clients setup neatly without 3rd party tools,they overlap each other and i have most of the screen covered by chat windows and the overlay :( Thanks heaps for being diligent with warning about it being disallowed within eve.
<<

bob

Post Wed May 25, 2016 3:28 am

The swap hot character option is in the same place as the mouse function as per the previous post.
Select your window layout in the top left pane, in the lower left pane ensure the top node (your window layout name) is selected, and then in the lower right, on the General tab will be the Swap Hot Character option at the top. Right above the Instant Swapping option tickbox.

Return to Window Layouts