FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EVE] How do I make small windows of clickable Modules in eve

Moderator: MiRai

<<

anikolak

Post Sun May 10, 2015 11:30 pm

How do I make small windows of clickable Modules in eve

I am new to ISboxer trying to figure out out to make a small window of my other characters Health(Shield/armor/hull) and Modules, that I can click. I made a DxNothing region and then on my 2nd character made a FxView source and put the green box over the health and modules, then put the view into the DxNothing window. It showed up but nothing was clickable in it.

I see people with their other character modules in a small window around their main character/screen that they can quickly just move the mouse up to and click a module.

Same thing goes for Overview, how do I set up multiple overview right next to each other so I can click things to target.

Same thing for the drone bay, If anyone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it, or point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Example of what I want: Main window- character, off to the right of the main window, other characters overview to target things, below their overview, their modules/health, under that the drone bays.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 11, 2015 3:49 am

Re: How do I make small windows of clickable Modules in eve

From your description, it sounds like the viewer showed up, but didn't do anything when you clicked on it. If you want the click to pass through back to the client so it will action that item, then you need to tick (put a red dot in it) the "Repeater pass-thru" box in the Viewer editor.
VideoFXViewer.png
VideoFXViewer.png (10.93 KiB) Viewed 10190 times
You can get back to this editor by opening the ISBoxer in game GUI (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G) and selecting the VideoFX viewer that you want to edit.

If you are creating viewers via mapped keys and VideoFX Actions then the tick box is called "Include Mouse pass-thru"
<<

anikolak

Post Mon May 11, 2015 8:06 am

Is a viewer mapped key like the action bar?

Thanks for the reply, I'll have to try it out when I get off today!
<<

bob

Post Mon May 11, 2015 8:13 am

The Mapped Key on Enter/Exit are mapped keys that you want to execute when the mouse pointer is moved over and off the video fx viewer. They don't execute on clicks.

You can use this for a variety of things. A common one is to enable/disable a specific key map for use only when you are over a viewer, or using a specific mapped key to set a Target selection (although this may be less applicable to EVE).
<<

anikolak

Post Mon May 11, 2015 9:51 am

One more question, when I mouse over to the DC Nothing region, my main screens goes black, is there a way to stop this from happening so that my main screen is always up.
<<

bob

Post Mon May 11, 2015 9:59 am

If your "main screen" is a game client, I have no idea. First I've heard of it. If it was a DXNothing window that you were using as a Dashboard, I would guess you have missed the DXnothing Character setting:
Check the "Video FX Viewers stay when in background (blocks Video FX Sources!)" box. (Requires a restart of all dxNothing windows that are currently running in order to take effect.)

Of course, if you have a really big DXnothing window, then perhaps it is overlying the game window?

Return to Window Layouts