FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Window swapping with hotkeys

Moderator: MiRai

<<

birmas

Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:03 am

Window swapping with hotkeys

Hi Guys,

I am very new to ISBoxer and I found some threads related to this but I am not familiar enough with ISBoxer to be able to get it working.

I am unable to use hotkeys to swap between my windows (ctrl-alt 1 etc)

Could anyone check out my config and give me some tips on getting it working please? :-)

Thanks
<<

birmas

Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:54 am

Re: Window swapping with hotkeys

Such a noob.. I can't believe I didn't post my config! :o
Attachments
isboxer.txt
birmas isboxer config
(134.29 KiB) Downloaded 659 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:35 am

From your posted config.

The Four Chewstas set should work correctly. You press CTRL+ALT+2 and it should swap slot 2 to the active region, and put slot 1 into the region that slot 2 was in.

The New Chewstas set probably wont work correctly because under the Window Layout -> New Chewstas -> Regions -> Swap Groups, you do not have a region set as a roaming slot, and each slot has a Home Slot, so when you try to swap slot 2 to the Active Region, then slot 1 will go to it's home slot, which also happens to be the Active Region, so no swap takes place. If you only have 2 regions and 2 slots, then one will need to be roaming in order to have swapping. If you don't want roaming slots, then you need 3 Regions. 1 Active Region and 2 home regions.
<<

birmas

Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:06 am

Hi Bob,

Sorry I should have mentioned I am having an issue with the Four Chewstas. I am unable to switch windows using ctrl-alt-[1-4], could there be a setting somewhere preventing it from working?

Thanks for your reply :-)

edit: clicking the smaller regions correctly swaps them to the active region, just the hotkeys don't work.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:13 am

It all looks fairly normal, so if anything is causing an issue it will be SWTOR, which just causes issues all by itself.

Under you Character Set (Four Chewstas), Slot -> SlotNumber (1, 2, 3, 4), you can set the Global Hotkey to switch windows. Try changing it to something less tricky, like F1 ,F2, etc, to see if that works. If it does, you know that SWTOR is doing something weird with CTRL+ALT combo, or you have some other program grabbing it.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:09 pm

Uncheck the global check box next to the key combination under each Slot. This is a known issue with SWTOR.
<<

birmas

Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:19 pm

Hooray, removing the global setting fixed it!

Thanks guys :-)

Return to Window Layouts