FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Key maps stop working after a short time

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sprucecone

Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:44 am

Key maps stop working after a short time

Hi,

I started with Multoboxing for classic, so fairly new. I was running a standard setup. But as I upgraded to a new PC I though I'd give the pro setup a go.
I've followed the Multiboxology videos from Mirai (as far as I can tell to the letter)
So I've done a very basic config to start with, I just mapped
SH-1, 1,2,3,4 hotkeys to different class key maps with a key-stroke action doing the same key so it should basically just broadcast 1-to-1 for those keys.
I also set up a healing click bar with
LClick = Shift+2
RClick = Shift+3
Shift+LClick = Shift+4
Shift+RClick = Shift+5
And set mouseover macros to those slots (I've tested that all macros work as intended)
I use Bartender4 for actionbars so the ingame keybinds are bound to Bartender action bars.

Issues
1. The Actions seam to work for a little while but then they simply stop working, Follow and Assist still works but none of the virtulized combat actions. Exporting the from ISboxer to innerspace seam to solve it temporarily. I tested to run with the debugger active but there is seamingly no difference when it stops working.
2. The healing clickbar only works for the first three maps, so Shift+RClick = Shift+5 doesn't work.

https://pastebin.com/raw/Y5fErwY4

EDIT: New pastebin, Export of config as per forum instructions
Last edited by bob on Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: update link, XML classification makes it real slow.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Re: Key maps stop working after a short time

One of these things is not like the other. One of these things is just not the same.

Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street. How to get to Sesame Street.

As for the stops working. If the debugger shows ISBoxer still sending the keystrokes to the games, then you'd have to look hard at why the characters are not performing the actions.
<<

Sprucecone

Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:21 pm

That solves the Healing issue. Many thanks!

For the first issue, I can add that it's the same for the active window as well, none of the toons seam to be getting the key strokes.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:32 pm

Sprucecone wrote: none of the toons seam to be getting the key strokes.

But you said earlier the debug output looks the same? So you'd see when you did your click, that the toons in the Healing ATG would be receiving a SHIFT+2/3/4/5 (well, 160+2/3/4/5) ? What does the debug output look like on the healing toon when this problem occurs ?

/ed
Your CPU strategy is not the greatest and it can affect some behaviours of the game when processing keystrokes. I'd probably rerun the CPU strategy Wizard and select the "Select all cpus for all windows...." option (it has other details which are confusing to 99% of the people, and are different depending on your CPU, so I've not listed them). It is the last option in the drop down.
<<

Sprucecone

Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:52 pm

bob wrote:Your CPU strategy is not the greatest and it can affect some behaviours of the game when processing keystrokes. I'd probably rerun the CPU strategy Wizard and select the "Select all cpus for all windows...." option (it has other details which are confusing to 99% of the people, and are different depending on your CPU, so I've not listed them). It is the last option in the drop down.

Edit
I thought it was resolved, I did the CPU change that you suggested. Before doing so I also did a fresh install and ran the standard wizzard and played for a while, it worked without any issue.
Then cleared it and ran the Pro profile again it seamed fine for about 30 minutes (normally it'd present after 5 minutes or less.
I was inside a dungeon (same as last time).
I wiped (shame) and afterwards the problem returned.

In any case I'll be away for a week so I won't be able to test any more for a while.
Thanks for the help.

Edit 2:
Tried it out for a while longer and had no further issues, so it is more stable.

Return to Key Maps