FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Weird issue with My 1 to = keys, also involves G/Shift G

Moderator: MiRai

<<

WarMunky

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:33 am

Weird issue with My 1 to = keys, also involves G/Shift G

Ok, this one is doing my head in.

Just got back into WOW after the release of Classic and have set up my old 3-5 man MultiBox team (used to use ISBOXER a few years ago). Warrior, 2 Priests and 2 Mages.

Background: I configured a super basic setup with the wizard, with a view to expanding on it as I got reacquainted with the game and ISB. I set up 5 or 6 basic spells on keys 1 to =, a video FX window for the Priests so I could self heal from the tank window, and interact with target. All worked awesome for a few days, except the Video FX kept dropping out between sessions, which I put in the too hard basket for later, no biggie. THen I thought I'd have a crack @ Formations, something I'd always struggled to get working. I watched some vids and tried to follow the steps for a couple of hours, but couldn't get it to work, so thought I'd try again later. Around this time I also installed a few new addons, and went back to ELVUI (which I used to love), and tried to go back to levelling the next day and this happened....

Issue: I first noticed that my 1 to = keys weren't working, and the shortcuts were no longer on my ingame action bars. I thought it was an addon issue. So I tried to manually map them, but everytime I tried to put in a 1 to = key, it instead put in G1, G2, G3 etc. Around this time I also typed in Guild Chat, and Everytime I hit the g key in a message, it capitalised it to G! As in it thought I'd pressed SHIFT. This probably explained why my 1 to = keys were putting a capital G before them. Trying to localise the problem, I did the following:

1. Checked my Corsair programmamable keyboard to see if there were any weird SHIFT thingies going on in my macros. Nope.
2. Plugged in another keyboard. No change.
3. Tried to determine if it was an ingame issue or a keyboard issue, and opened up a text doc and typed. No G1, no Shift issues, everything good. Ok, defs not a keyboard issue, so defs an ISBOXER or ingame issue.
4. Disabled all addons including ISBOXER. Problem gone.
5. Reactivated just ISBOXER and launched from 'Character Sets in the Toolkit. Problem back.
6. Tried launching on the same characters from Battlenet (no ISBOXER), problem gone.
7. Tried launching an older version of my team from last week, issue is back.
8. Tried creating a new team with the 5 toons, using the wizard. issue is back.
9. Tried launching a RETAIL team from a couple of weeks ago. problem gone.

Ok, was getting really confused at this stage. I HAD thought that maybe I'd just set up some random keymap while trying to sort out formations, but then why would the problem still be there on last weeks team Character Set, and why would it be there when I created a new one, then why WASN'T it there on my old Retail Character set! lol. I'm so confused right now.

If anyone can give me some idea where to look I'd be most grateful. From all of the above I'm convinced it's something I've done to ISB but I don't know where to look now. I'll see if I can work out how to export and upload the config file which might make it easier.

You're welcome for the Puzzle by the way! haha.

B
Last edited by WarMunky on Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

WarMunky

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:41 am

Re: Weird issue with My 1 to = keys, also involves G/Shift G

Assuming I'm doing this correctly, here's the copy/paste of my ISBOXER profile. I tried doing the same for the actual character set, but it just looked like gibberish. Let me know if that would help.
Attachments
ISBOXER CONFIG - Classic-5MAN Shift G issue.txt
(436.55 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:17 am

You've setup Auto Interact With Target on several of the character sets. I can see you have done this yourself as it is using a setting the Quick Setup Wizard does not set if you happen to tick the box for this option. Using this setting means that it will send G as part of the keystroke actions (the predefined ones in the ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys chain), because G is your IWT key bind (or at least what you've told ISBoxer it is.

After re-reading your novella a couple of times, what it seemed to boil down to was.
WarMunky wrote:So I tried to manually map them, but everytime I tried to put in a 1 to = key, it instead put in G1, G2, G3 etc.
If this is happening, you need to Disable Key Maps when attempting to set in game keybinds. Otherwise you get more than you bargained for.
<<

WarMunky

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:40 am

Thanks SO much for taking a look Bob! Just got home from work and going to bed but will defs have a look at your advice on the morrow! Update inc! Thanks again!

B
<<

WarMunky

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:40 pm

SORTED! OMG Thanks so much! That was driving me NuTz!! lol.

Return to Key Maps