FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Custom hotkey pro system

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sterger7

Post Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:35 pm

Custom hotkey pro system

So..I got the 'dps rotation' macro working from within a wow spec like "arms warrior" or frost mage virtualized. it works fine.

for example i can hit 2, and the warrior does shift 1 slam and the mage will cast a combination of 5 and 1 on his keyboard for foreblast and frost bolt

so...I'm trying to create a 'customzied' keymap aka one that's not on the list here, for just the basic keystroke "q"

I want it to simply cast the keystroke Q on the warrior and to hit "f7" on the mage (which is a sidestep to break follow)

For some reason..I am copying the existing dps rotation key as a template...I copy it in the hotkey, as well as each character's spec keys and have it copied in the virtual exactly the same as the dps rotation one...everything is mirror'd here....but when I upload it and try it out, "q" is not sending f7 to my mage....really hard to fathom. Does it have to be in 'custom hotkeys" section that the tutorial had me delete? Can you not create "new" hotkeys in the combat hotkeys?

----------

I tried remapping the new hotkey to R...so R would cast " q on the warrior and f7 on the mage...bu tit's doing neither..it's like cloning a brand new hotkey just isn't doing anything at all....I must be missing something obvious...but I feel like I'm not..think I've got this virtualized properly but there isn't really any way you can'troubleshoot' to see where it's breaking down? hmm

----------

Ok..I think i've found a problem..and it doesn't really make sense.

In WOW I'm binding my "strafe left" to the key "f7" or even Q it didn't matter which.

Now I've got isoboxer casting "q" on my mage when I hit R..remapped virtually works ok, for any "spell" but if I keybind it to the strafe left command to "q" it suddenly fails to work.
It's like isoboxer isn't "really" sending Q to my mage...unless it's on an action bar?...this isn't really making sense.

I can press Q on the keyboard on the mage no problem and he strafes. but if I try to 'send' Q to the mage's box it ignores it.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:57 pm

Re: Custom hotkey pro system

If you want to send movement keys, like Q to the game, you need to select the "hold any keystrokes" option on the mapped key, otherwise it just sends a single keypress, and you don't move very far with a single keypress. You need to hold the keys down.
<<

sterger7

Post Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:01 pm

Hmm..thanks..so

Logically..it's not making a ton of sense..if I just tap q once it moves me on the actual mage. I guess thevirtual keystroke is a really really light click?
Does that mean I'll have to "hold" q down for a bit when I charge with the warrior to make it trigger the movement?
I'll give it a go.

----------

Nope I see it to "hold any keystrokes" for the frost mage's hotkey and in wow his strafe left is set to f7. Only 2 changes I made, and the key does nothing for the mage. not if I tap it, or hold it down or etc.
<<

bob

Post Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:41 pm

<<

sterger7

Post Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:02 am

https://pastebin.com/0nYPiY5Y

The hotkey in questino is under frost mage - Q set to F7 with the hold any keystroke actions "on".

Note: I can set any normal keystroke to this slot with that "off" just like normal and it functions just fine and sends it properly to my mage's screen. it "only" fails when I map my "strafe left" key to f7 and turn that functino "on". (on didn't matter either way).

basically, it seems like the boxer software isn't ableto just push the f7 key for my mage's client for whatever reason. If I put a spell in a keybound f7 slot on the mage, again works just find. But when it's bound to movement it doesn't. (I just used straffe left just cuz, im sure same would happen for nay movement)
<<

bob

Post Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:01 am

So, I'm not sure virtualized chains will work well for movement, but for any hope, each item in the chain will need the Hold option set. This might have an affect on the other toons depending on the keystrokes being used, but I couldn't see anything from what is configured.

<<

sterger7

Post Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:24 pm

I'll give that a try....thanks for the suggestion.

one wierd thing..when I exported this file to create the link..now my isoboxer toolkit has lots it's profile..does it delete it as part of this process? lol ....I wonder if I can use thelink to replace it? ugh..what a pain

----------

Or maybe there's a way to download it from innerspace to replace the missing profile with all my chars :(

----------

there must be an easy way cuz it looks like you loaded it into yours. Do I download it and rename it to .xml? That didn't convert it to xml file hmm

----------

Unfortunately, if I have to bring that hold-down feature all the way up the chain to the main hotkeys that would probably mess up all the chars that would use the Q key....gah

there has _got_ to be a better/easier way to break follow...I can't be the first person running into this issue lol
<<

bob

Post Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:30 am

No, copying the profile to the clipboard does not lose/delete it. Some other option would have needed to be chosen.

You can grab the profile from the link, use the Raw option, CTRL+A to select all, CTRL+C to copy the selected text, go into the toolkit, right click on the ISBoxer node at the top and select Paste ISBoxer Toolkit Profile from Clipboard

sterger7 wrote:Unfortunately, if I have to bring that hold-down feature all the way up the chain to the main hotkeys that would probably mess up all the chars that would use the Q key....gah

That actually depends on what will be sent with the keystroke. The hold option is primarily for games that read the modifiers in odd ways, however, it also allows you to hold down a key and have it behave like you are holding it down, much like any game when moving about. It does stop you from sending multiple keystrokes at the same time, where some include modifiers and some don't, because they will all end up including the modifiers. If the end result is just a simple keystroke, or a single keycombination, there would be no issue.

sterger7 wrote:there has _got_ to be a better/easier way to break follow...I can't be the first person running into this issue lol
Not everything in a pro config has to be virtualized.

Return to Key Maps