FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cant use the / key in Everquest

Moderator: MiRai

<<

micker

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:17 pm

Cant use the / key in Everquest

I just setup ISboxer for EQ and I don't know how to toggle the mapped keys off. I think I have them remvoved, I just can't use the / key and that is used a lot in EQ. How to I get the / key to work when I type in chat?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:45 pm

Re: Cant use the / key in Everquest

If you didn't change the Hotkey, it's Shift+Alt+M to toggle Key Maps, or it's the left button in the overlay in the upper left.

However, if you've assigned a Hotkey inside of a Key Map that doesn't end in the word "Hotkeys," then it won't be toggled off. If you've done that, you should remove said Hotkey.
<<

micker

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:39 pm

Thanks, I don't see the overlay anymore. I removed all key mappings I could see. Shift alt m doesn't seem to do anything. The / key seems to be the only one that doesn't work. Is there a way to see what's mapped to that or remove all mappings, it's driving me crazy lol.
<<

micker

Post Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:14 am

Is there anyway to see what that / key is bound to or anyway to map it back to itself? That is the only key that isn't working and needed in EQ. Thanks!!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:13 am

It's not a default Hotkey, did you add / as a Hotkey somewhere in ISBoxer? You can show us your configuration if you want. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

Sometimes people don't mention they are actually pressing a button on some other input device that they have configured to press / (or whatever) for them, in the device software. If that's the case here, you'll need to run that software as Administrator.
<<

micker

Post Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:41 pm

I just deleted the setup and created a new one and it works fine. I didn't have much configured. I mainly use the video overlay which are awesome!!

Return to Key Maps