Hi there,

in legion i was using a nice little macro for my guardian druid

Code:
#showtooltip
/cast Wilde Attacke
/cast Eisenfell
/castsequence [combat] reset=target Mondfeuer,null
/castsequence [combat] reset=target Prankenhieb, Prankenhieb,Hauen,Zerfleischen

what it did was using wild charge on range / casting a moonfire and stopped using it till i changed the target.
if i was to close to the enemy it was ignoring wild charge and startet with the castsequence.
after this 2 thinks it was casting all the time my 3 attacks. when i have had enough rage it was casting ironfur and stepped back to my castsequence.

now in BFA the macro is messed up. after using wild charge it doesnt switch to my castsequences.
it stucks all the way on /cast Wild charge

new 1:

Code:
#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence [nocombat]  Wilde Attacke
/castsequence reset=6/target/combat Mondfeuer, Prankenhieb, Hauen, Zerfleischen

This was fixing alot of problems and it works with charging, attacking. only problem in this is he wont use any more wild charge if i stay in combat.

i cant find any solution for this and maybe some1 can help me with this. (would be the easy way for me i think)

if there is no way to remake this macro .. is there a way to add this into ISBoxer without switching to Pro?
Ill setup the pro settings in the future after my month - i think this will take some time to figure out how to config etc.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:41 am

Re: Help with macro or adding as a key?

While you say that the macro worked just fine, in Legion, I don't think it should work as you describe it (unless it was several expansions ago). Macros are executed from top to bottom, and they try to execute the first command that is true. In your macro, Wild Charge will always attempt to be used since it's at the top, but because it's on cooldown after its first use, nothing happens, and simply being on cooldown doesn't mean it gets skipped since WoW macros don't fall through.

As you point out, using the [nocombat] conditional is now limiting you to only using Wild Charge outside of combat, and unless someone has something better to offer, all I can suggest is:

A) Break up these abilities onto completely separate keys
B) Break up the abilities into multiple Actions, in ISBoxer, and then use either a multi-step Mapped Key or just spam everything at once
C) Use the add-on GSE
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:55 pm

I'm not hot on wow macros, but if a /castsequence can't do anything, presumably it skips, so a reset target would be good for your scenario ??

e.g.
Code:
#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence reset=target Wilde Attacke
/castsequence reset=6/target/combat Mondfeuer, Prankenhieb, Hauen, Zerfleischen
<<

Mischoo

Post Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:02 pm

MiRai wrote:A) Break up these abilities onto completely separate keys
B) Break up the abilities into multiple Actions, in ISBoxer, and then use either a multi-step Mapped Key or just spam everything at once
C) Use the add-on GSE

i did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lc6KJFxCTw :) i love ur vids! :D

@bob

thanks for your answer.

yea this will help too like in my macro on top but the problem is reset=target.
if you use wild charge and switch the enemy cuz some1 is walkin to ur toons you have a CD and cant use the second /castsequence till CD is over.
so the char is stucking arround. next part was

Code:
"/castsequence Wild Charge, null"

This will first use Wild Charge, switch to the rota and after the rota it comes back to Wild Charge. doesnt help and has the same problem like reset=target.

i gave up and fixed it with a ISboxer macro and modifier just like in the video from MiRai. i think there is no way to make this macro work again.
cant find the post where i got this from anyway.

i tought i alrdy was watching all videos, but it seems like i missed this 1 .. its hard as a beginner to config this all by myself and i feel a bit lost.

Return to Key Maps