FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Key remapping (world of warcraft)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hucking

Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:23 am

Key remapping (world of warcraft)

For world of warcraft:
I want my main character to use a specific key, while the secondary character will use a different key (with auto assist) and a third character to use a different key than both of those (also with auto assist). I realize this is probably pretty simple to setup but in addition to wanting to know how to set it up I also want to know if there is an easy way to shorten the amount of time this takes to set up. meaning: I want to set this up for every single keybind I have on every single character but with the current wizard it seems like it would take forever to do so. Is there a way to manually import a script to change the settings inside the ISBoxer so I wouldn't have to tweak the settings through the GUI?
Thanks in advance I know I'm probably a noob for asking these questions. ^^

EDIT: Also I would want to do this for multiple different character sets and be different for each one.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:34 am

Re: Key remapping (world of warcraft)

So you either need to setup mapped keys manually (you can use the Mapped Key Wizard for the initial setup) or use aPro-Config (yes, this video says ISboxer 41, and you have ISboxer 42 - the concept hasn't changed, only the final page of the Quick Setup Wizard).

hucking wrote: is an easy way to shorten the amount of time this takes to set up
Not really. To do one is not too bad. To do 20 takes 20 times longer. To do 20 x 5 will take 20 x 5 longer. Although you might get faster at it and get a good workflow, which would help. There aren't too many shortcuts. A pro-config would end up being quicker to configure, but the learning curve might increase the initial setup time.

hucking wrote:Is there a way to manually import a script
Not really. However, you can copy/paste things in ISBoxer. Like mapped keys/key maps/steps/actions etc. Right click on them. You could also edit the XML directly if you are good at that. Be careful doing this though, it is easy to get it wrong.
<<

hucking

Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:45 am

Re: Key remapping (world of warcraft)

haha I was hoping there would be some kind of shortcut, but I'm looking through the pro-config videos right now and will do some more of my own research, thanks anyway :)

Return to Key Maps