FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Global setting on Keymap step changes?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MadMilitia

Post Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:38 pm

Global setting on Keymap step changes?

So I have a key in my CUSTOM-TOGGLES keymap that sets AE and ST rotations for all my windows. This has a menu icon on the menu bar that updates the image with what rotation has been selected. The icon updates across all open windows like it should but the actual state of the toggle button is not updated across all of them. So in a scenario of the following:

Slot 1 - toggle ST to AE (all windows show AE icon and pop up message of AE enabled)
Switch to Slot 2 - toggle AE to ST (all windows show AE icon and pop up message says AE enabled?)

In my mind they should work like this:

Slot 1 - toggle ST to AE (all windows show AE icon and pop up message of AE enabled)
Switch to Slot 2 - toggle AE to ST (all windows show ST icon and pop up message says ST enabled)

I think they do carry on AE but some of the windows switch over to ST rotation when I switch windows. Any input on this? A better way to do it? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what 'current window' actually is?
<<

MadMilitia

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:05 pm

Re: Global setting on Keymap step changes?

Everyone busy or away? Wondering about this as I'm still looking for a way that I can swap windows without my toggles state being reset.
<<

MadMilitia

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:41 pm

Nvm I think I found the problem. It's because some of the maps activate and deactivate when I toggle through my custom toggle. If I'm understanding this correctly when you deactive a map and reactivate it, all the keys within the keymap reset to their default step. That's been pretty annoying for me lately but I think self-inflicted. Changing things now.
<<

jabberie

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:10 pm

When you set the icon on all windows, do you also tell them to change to step 2 of your mapped key so that they are all on the same step?

MadMilitia wrote:So I have a key in my CUSTOM-TOGGLES keymap that sets AE and ST rotations for all my windows. This has a menu icon on the menu bar that updates the image with what rotation has been selected. The icon updates across all open windows like it should but the actual state of the toggle button is not updated across all of them. So in a scenario of the following:

Switch to Slot 2 - toggle AE to ST (all windows show AE icon and pop up message says AE enabled?)

Switch to Slot 2 - toggle AE to ST (all windows show ST icon and pop up message says ST enabled)

I think they do carry on AE but some of the windows switch over to ST rotation when I switch windows. Any input on this? A better way to do it? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what 'current window' actually is?
<<

MadMilitia

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:08 pm

jabberie wrote:When you set the icon on all windows, do you also tell them to change to step 2 of your mapped key so that they are all on the same step?

MadMilitia wrote:So I have a key in my CUSTOM-TOGGLES keymap that sets AE and ST rotations for all my windows. This has a menu icon on the menu bar that updates the image with what rotation has been selected. The icon updates across all open windows like it should but the actual state of the toggle button is not updated across all of them. So in a scenario of the following:

Yes. The problem was activating / deactivating maps causing them to lose their step configuration. I checked it earlier and found it to be the problem.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:09 pm

As what Jabberie said.

It probably helps to know that when your team is loaded, each character has their own copy of key maps, mapped keys and the state of them at the time.

Think of your config like a textbook of plays (American Football type plays), and when you load the team, every player gets their own published copy of the book. Which means they could all be on a different page at the same time. So when you execute a play, on the field, on one guy. He needs to tell all the other guys about which page to turn to next, so they're all on the same page :D .

So you need Mapped Key Step Actions with a target of Window: All w/o Current (coz you already did it on the current guy) and to do so. If you are using menus and clickbars, you might also need Button Actions.

/e and sorry. somehow missed your original post.

Return to Key Maps