FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Character Set vs Character Virtual Mapped Keys

Moderator: MiRai

<<

eternaldrk

Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:45 pm

Character Set vs Character Virtual Mapped Keys

Okay, so this has gotten pretty frustrating. I've got a team of 5 monks in WoW, with the fifth set as the healer. That being the case, I've been trying to set my key maps so that my healer won't run after targeted mobs. This is what I've done so far (and yes, every single time I made a change, I exported to Inner Space):

Characters are:
Xiaomao - Tank
Xiaojiao - Tank
Xiaoji - Tank
Xiaoping - Tank
Xiaohuo - Healer

The Character Set Virtual Mapped Key: Auto-Interact with Target - Active Method is now Interact with Target - Standard Method

First attempt:
In Xiaohuo's settings: Auto-Interact with Target - Active Method is now <NO MAPPED KEY> (I also tried setting it to Interact with Target - Face Target)
It was my understanding that individual character virtualization would take precedence over character sets, but this is clearly not the case as she just keeps running off after the mobs.

Second attempt:
I made a copy of the ISB42 - Combat Broadcast just for healers. I removed the character set from the original Combat Broadcast set, and then added only the tanks individually. The healer is the only character assigned to the ISB42 - Comabt Broadcast - Healers set that I made. Within that set, I deleted the Do Auto-Assist Me and Do Auto-Interact with Target actions from the 1 through = key maps. The healer still runs off. Absolutely no behavior changes.

Third attempt:
Set Xiaohuo's Key Map Whitelist to include all maps except the standard ISB42 - Combat Broadcast. This should completely disallow that set, but it doesn't. She still runs off.

Fourth attempt:
I removed Xiaohuo from the Combat Action Group. No change.

Basically, no matter what I've done, my healers acts just like my tanks when I press 1 through =. Either I'm missing something really basic here, or something screwy is going on.

The Pastebin of my setup:
https://pastebin.com/XnQsmK2p
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:05 pm

Re: Character Set vs Character Virtual Mapped Keys

Have a gander at the IWT - Standard Mapped Key in the Party Key Map... It's being sent to all of your windows.

If you want only melee to auto-interact when you press your DPS keys, then you're going to need to adjust the Target of those actions in the above Mapped Key. However, if you still want to have an IWT Mapped Key that works for everyone, then you need to make manual changes: Copy that Mapped Key to the clipboard, paste it into a Key Map that ends in the word "Hotkeys," and assign it a Hotkey. Assuming you want to continue using "J" as your IWT key, then you'll need to un-assign it from the Mapped Key that it's currently assigned to.

Return to Key Maps