FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Re-establish step tracking?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Finney

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:56 pm

Re-establish step tracking?

Back again with another question. (Doing some wholesale modifications to my config.)

One of the most useful features of ISBoxer, IMHO, is how it will track when step numbers change as you rearrange or add steps. So if you have an action anywhere that says

DPS Rotation AoE in Character Frank Key Map Set 3 -> self

and then you add a new step before DPS Rotation AoE Set 3, every place will that references the previous Step 3 will now automatically update to

DPS Rotation AoE in Character Frank Key Map Set 4 -> self

However, once in a while it gets confused and stops tracking. I'm not sure why, but I know you can tell when it's happening by looking at any drop down for the Key Map in question. If everything's working okay, the drop down has the proper key map highlighted, like this:

Good.jpg
Good.jpg (212.77 KiB) Viewed 3839 times

If things are wonky, the Key Map name is by itself above the blank line in the drop down, like this:

NotSoGood.jpg
NotSoGood.jpg (211.85 KiB) Viewed 3839 times

You then need to go in and reconnect the step to the right place. If you have hundreds of these, it is a daunting task to check them all.

As a test, I took a broken link, fixed it, and then did a compare of the XML file before and after the fix. There were no changes to the XML file after the fix, so this doesn't appear to be any file corruption, and doesn't appear to be tracked in the XML file itself.

Might there be a way to force a "re-sync" of this feature? I can do scripting as needed, so if I knew where to look in the files to the tracking links, that would help as well.

Thanks.
<<

Finney

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: Re-establish step tracking?

Never mind--I figured out a way to fix it.

If you open the XML in a text editor (I use Notepad++) and rename the key map in question to something different by doing a global search and replace on the key map name, then save and reopen it in ISBoxer, it forces all the links back to where they need to be. We can then do the same thing again, this time renaming the key map back to what I want to it to be, and all is well!

Return to Key Maps