FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Q] Terminology - Active Method?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mtp1032

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:26 pm

[Q] Terminology - Active Method?

The Toggles and Party keymaps have a number of Hotkeys declared as "Active Method". What does it mean to be an "Active Method"?

For example, while the Follow Me hotkey in the Base Hotkeys keymap looks like,

+Follow Me

(The default of which is Alt+F),

the Follow Me hotkey in the Party keymap is described as an "Active Method", i.e.,

+Follow Me - Active Method

For which no default is specified.

Thanks, in advance.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Re: [Q] Terminology - Active Method?

The "Active Method" is defined on the Virtual Mapped Keys tab of each Character Set. ISBoxer uses its virtualization technology to "connect" Key Maps, or Mapped Keys, together to allow for an extended configuration (there's probably a more elegant way to say that). Virtualization, while seemingly complex on the surface, is used in the base setup to simply allow for the generic profile to be used across more games without each game requiring its own set of Key Maps/Mapped Keys.

So, when you see an "Active Method" Mapped Key that looks empty, that means its configuration—where it's linked—is assigned in the Character Set.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:54 pm

<<

mtp1032

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:15 pm

MiRai wrote:So, when you see an "Active Method" Mapped Key that looks empty, that means its configuration—where it's linked—is assigned in the Character Set.

OK, I think I got it, but let's make sure. So, for example, as long as the Follow Me hotkey in the Base keymap is defined (e.g., Alt+F), I needn't be concerned that the Follow Me hotkey in the Party keymap is blank. Right?

Thanks,

Return to Key Maps