FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Making melee automatically IWT

Moderator: MiRai

<<

TRoN

Post Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Making melee automatically IWT

In this my very first post I want to state that ISBoxer is something I've never expected from a MB tool. Amazing!! I'm still evaluating it and configuring everything to fit my playstyle. I used to box with keyclone and I had a lot of complex macros and tricky procedures to do every move I wanted my teams to do. Now, I've configured almost everyting from scratch in about half an hour and god this really rules!

But there's something that I just can't set up to work. Ive spent some hours trying this and that but my melee toons aren't automatically IWT.

I've follow step by step Ualaa guide about it (http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231) but no success.

My Interact With Targed is working. When I press ALT+\ all move to target and interact. That's fine. It just don't do it automatically when I press the FTL DPS key I've assigned to it (2). My test team is PALA+PALA+LOCK+DRUID+DRUID and my Melee group are the two paladins.

I've bound the IWT WoW key on all clients to ALT+\ (the same as the Interact With Target mapped key hotkey. I read on the configuration guide it could be the same - couldn't it?).

So my IWT keymap has 2 steps:

Step 1
Action 1 is Click to Move ON
Action 2 is FTL Assist Me to Current window
Action 3 is send ALT+\ to all

Step 2 is switch off Click to Move

I think this mapped key is working nicely.

My Melee IWT:
No hotkey, 1 Step, 1 Action wich is send ALT+\ to Current Window. Tho I don't understand why it should target Current Window so I've tried sending to Melee Group but it didn't worked aswell.

Finaly, DPS 2 key:

Step 1
Action 1 is Do FTL Assist Me to Current Window
Action 2 is send 2 to all

Step 2 is Do Melee IWT to all Melee.

When I press 2 on my main PALA, the other PALA dude don't come to melee range. If I hit ALT+\ he runs to the tanks aswell the casters :P

What am I doing wrong here? If someone can give me a tip I'll be grateful.

Thanks in advance.
TRoN
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Making melee automatically IWT

The "right" way to make melee automatically IWT is to permanently enable CTM. The standard IWT mapping works with a 2-step because of the "delay" between you pressing and releasing the hotkey. When you execute it via Do Mapped Key Action, both steps will occur as quickly as possible and the CTM won't take hold for the IWT.
<<

ZorbaTheGeek

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:07 am

I add:

"Enable CTM" -> (all other)
"Disable CTM" -> (Current)

To my slot switch keymap (which also turns toggles sound, changes view distance and sets /jamba master) and remove the CTM switches from everywhere else.

I never need CTM on my master, and I ALWAYS want it on slaves for IWT to questgivers, skinning, looting etc. On the few occasions I use IWT in combat (I have a mode switchable DPS setup: 1-Step, 3-Step and Melee-IWT) my dps keys send IWT to "all other melee".
<<

TRoN

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:23 pm

Yea Zorba. I understood Lax answer and I did something similar by creating the CTM on/off actions also in my Melee IWT key and now it works very well.

My Melee IWT now is:

S1
A1 - CTM ON -> other Melee
A2 - FTL Assist Me -> self
A3 - ALT+\ (my wow IWT key) -> other Melee

S2
A1 - CTM OFF -> other Melee

I have a mapped Key MouseWheelDownSpam that sends FTL DPS 2 to self (this is my main macro spam key) and the Melle are just doing fine coming to assist the tank. In fact now they fight, they loot, they skin only by rolling the wheel.

Thanks guys for your help.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:35 am

My particular IWT Set Up has this logic.

A) IWT to everyone.
- Very simple, one step which sends the IWT to every window.

B) IWT to melee only.
- A bit more complex...
- An Action Target Group, with the melee toons in it.
- A Melee Only IWT action (no hotkey), which sends IWT to the Current Window.
- A modification of the spammed DPS mapped key, that calls the Melee IWT mapped key, but only for toons in the Melee Action Target Group.
- Another mapped key, to enable/disable the Do Mapped Key, which we have imbedded into our spammed DPS key.

In action...
- We press/spam our DPS Key.
- This has all the slave windows assist the main window.
- All of the toons in the Melee Only (Action Target Group) run the Melee IWT Mapped Key, which has those toons each receive the IWT Keybind in their window only (Current Window).
- Every toon, receives the DPS key.

And our toggle enables/disables (two steps) the Melee IWT Mapped Key.
- When it is on, the default spam DPS 1 key, can run the Melee IWT Mapped Key, resulting in auto IWT for melee toons only.
- When it is off, the default spam DPS 1 key cannot run the disabled Mapped Key, so there is no auto melee IWT.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:40 am

ZorbaTheGeek wrote:I add:

"Enable CTM" -> (all other)
"Disable CTM" -> (Current)

To my slot switch keymap (which also turns toggles sound, changes view distance and sets /jamba master) and remove the CTM switches from everywhere else.

I never need CTM on my master, and I ALWAYS want it on slaves for IWT to questgivers, skinning, looting etc. On the few occasions I use IWT in combat (I have a mode switchable DPS setup: 1-Step, 3-Step and Melee-IWT) my dps keys send IWT to "all other melee".

I am similar to this.

I have ten mapped keys, for switching slots.
Five of those are for caster teams.
Five of those are for melee teams.

Slot 1 is Leader (Caster Team), Slot 2 is Leader (Caster Team), etc...
Slot 1 is Leader (Melee Team), Slot 2 is Leader (Melee Team), etc...

Which is for the dynamic spreading out mapped key.
Where the slaves spread out, but the current master does not move.

Anyway... the Caster Teams... Enable CTM on the Slaves, but disable it on the Master.
While the Melee Teams, which want to CTM/IWT spam... enable CTM for all toons, on every switch.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

jnorland

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:14 am

So I'm having the same issue, I realized my failure the first time, I was sending my IWT action from IS Boxer instead of just the G I assigned to be my wow IWT Keybind... Short bus for sure... I firgure out where I went wrong however everything seems like it's where it should be now but the melee simply don't go anywhere. Here is my Private Paste, any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.privatepaste.com/edf18f5e47
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:24 pm

From you config it looks like Alt+G (Interact with Target) is set up correctly but Alt+L (Melee IWT) is set up incorrectly and this may also step Alt+G from working correctly.

Firstly, I suspect that Mapped Key (Melee IWT) should be set to "Execute a Step when the Hotkey is" "pressed OR released". Then, the first action in each step has the wrong type of action.

The action "Click to Move On in Control Key Map 'On' -> other Melee" won't perform that Mapped Key, it just enables it (it is a Mapped Key State Action not a Do Mapped Key Action).

Instead, you want a Do Mapped Key Action which when set up correctly should read as "Do Click to Move On in Control Key Map -> other Melee". You'll need to make a similar change in Step 2.
<<

jnorland

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:13 am

Alge wrote:From you config it looks like Alt+G (Interact with Target) is set up correctly but Alt+L (Melee IWT) is set up incorrectly and this may also step Alt+G from working correctly.

Firstly, I suspect that Mapped Key (Melee IWT) should be set to "Execute a Step when the Hotkey is" "pressed OR released". Then, the first action in each step has the wrong type of action.

The action "Click to Move On in Control Key Map 'On' -> other Melee" won't perform that Mapped Key, it just enables it (it is a Mapped Key State Action not a Do Mapped Key Action).

Instead, you want a Do Mapped Key Action which when set up correctly should read as "Do Click to Move On in Control Key Map -> other Melee". You'll need to make a similar change in Step 2.

Alge you Nailed it! thanks for the help! I finally got it working! Really apprecaite the help!
<<

krazykow

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:01 am

Ualaa wrote:My particular IWT Set Up has this logic.

A) IWT to everyone.
- Very simple, one step which sends the IWT to every window.

B) IWT to melee only.
- A bit more complex...
- An Action Target Group, with the melee toons in it.
- A Melee Only IWT action (no hotkey), which sends IWT to the Current Window.
- A modification of the spammed DPS mapped key, that calls the Melee IWT mapped key, but only for toons in the Melee Action Target Group.
- Another mapped key, to enable/disable the Do Mapped Key, which we have imbedded into our spammed DPS key.

In action...
- We press/spam our DPS Key.
- This has all the slave windows assist the main window.
- All of the toons in the Melee Only (Action Target Group) run the Melee IWT Mapped Key, which has those toons each receive the IWT Keybind in their window only (Current Window).
- Every toon, receives the DPS key.

And our toggle enables/disables (two steps) the Melee IWT Mapped Key.
- When it is on, the default spam DPS 1 key, can run the Melee IWT Mapped Key, resulting in auto IWT for melee toons only.
- When it is off, the default spam DPS 1 key cannot run the disabled Mapped Key, so there is no auto melee IWT.

Complex but sounds effective. Can you give me a walk thru on how you set up such a function Ualaa?
Next

Return to Key Maps