FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

alt+f on slaves

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sawart

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:49 pm

alt+f on slaves

I have followed the quick guide to get my live server multiboxing running.
All seams to work but when I try to use alt+f on my slave then nothing happens. On my Master it works fine.

Info:
My slave is a wow starter edition, my master is not.
My ISboxer addon is running on all wow instances.
key maps is enabled.
I have tried resetting all key bindings.
I have tried manualy unbinding Shift+F11, Ctrl+F11, Alt+F11, and Ctrl+Shift+F11(This could be the problem: when I try to bind alt+f11 nothing happens)

Hope someone can help :)

Edit:
I just found out alt+a is also only working on my master.
Last edited by Sawart on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:13 pm

Re: alt+f on slaves

If you are only using two toons, then follow is only on LEFTSHIFT+F11 and RIGHTSHIFT+F11, provided you haven't changed the binds.

1. You should try without any other addons running on your main (you main is not following the slave, so it is the main not getting the command).
2. Use the CPU Strategy Wizard, and select the strategy of "Select no CPUs, let the game do it........ " (there will be some more text to it, but this bit at the beginning is the important bit)
3. Your character names are exactly correct, and not made up of partial names of the others, like "bob" and "bobb" (where bob is the beginning of both character names).
4. Show us your config.
<<

Sawart

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:45 pm

ATM I am only using 2 toons and the shift+F11 is working, but I like the alt+F to work and I am going to add more toons to the setup in the future.

1. already only using ISBoxer addon.
2. I have now done this
3. My chars name is Sawarta and Sawartb, so is that ok?
4. https://pastebin.com/ivx7aahG

Still not working.

Thanks for helping :)

Edit: Just found out the shift+F11 is not working as intended, when I use it, then it does the same thing as if i only click on F11 without shift.
<<

bob

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Sawart wrote:Edit: Just found out the shift+F11 is not working as intended, when I use it, then it does the same thing as if i only click on F11 without shift.

This will be your issue. You can't have F11 bound to anything, as the ISboxer Addon is using it for Follow (F11 is not normally bound in a default WoW setup).

If you really need it bound to whatever you have it bound to, then you will need to find another key, which is not bound to anything in it's native form or with modifiers (shift/Alt/Ctrl), and put that in the Game Helpers section for WoW, which is what is used for generating the ISBoxer Addon.
<<

Sawart

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:05 pm

I am running with default keybindings in wow.
What I tried to say was that when I use F11, the the toon I have active just follow my target(with or without shift).
<<

bob

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:12 pm

OK, so for some reason you have changed the FTL modifiers on the Slot2 of your character set to be LEFTCTRL+LEFTSHIFT+RIGHTSHIFT. You can't mix the left and right shifts, as while the game can tell between the two in a macro, you can't actually send them both at the same time.
Try setting the FTL's back to what they were originally. LEFTSHIFT for slot 1, RIGHTSHIFT for slot2. You'll need to export to Inner Space to re-generate the addon correctly and then load your games.

If it does not work, or you have no idea what I'm talking about, use the File Clear menu item, and then the Wizards, Quick Setup Wizard, and setup again.
<<

Sawart

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:53 pm

That worked, Thanks a lot :D

I remember when I was watching the Quick Setup Wizard youtube guide, I saw that my settings was not the same as in the video.
Then I paused the video and changed mine to be the same as in the video, but I as you found out I did it wrong.

Return to Key Maps